ophelia

Leaving him alone seemed like my best option. He was pissed at me. I don't think I had ever seen him look this mad, especially at me.

"What the hell, Ophelia," he barked. Ew, he used my full name. I glared at him which made him roll his eyes. I didn't exactly know what to do in my current situation.

His green eyes were literally staring into my soul and he looked as if I had did the worst humanly thing possible.

Think of something to say to get out of this, Lia.

5 months earlier

It was a breezy October morning in Pennsylvania. I put on a plaid skirt with black knee-high socks along with a black sweater. I slowly got ready, listening to Trippie Redd's A Love Letter To You 3 album as if I hadn't already been running late.

"OPHELIA LUNA THOMPSON, YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL," my mom screamed from downstairs.

That's the plan.

I grabbed my bag and looked in the mirror one more time, admiring my reflection.

Damn Lia, you look fine as f-

"OPHELIA!"
"I AM COMING, jesusss."

I ran downstairs grabbing my car keys off the table and saw my upset mother watching me from her chair at the island.

"Hello darling," my dad said walking into the kitchen.
"Hi, Thompson," I smiled. I called my dad by his last name which people found weird but I heard my mother call him that so many times growing up it just stuck.

"My chauffeur is up and ready," my brother, Romeo, said looking at me.
"Watch it, Romeo," I glared at him.
"Yeah, yeah. Lia we gotta go, I have a sport meeting for track."

I rolled my eyes, said my goodbyes to my parents and headed to my car in the driveway. I had a '69 Cadillac DeVille Convertible, my literal dream car. She was pastel blue and looked brand new even though it was 49 year old car.

We got in and drove to our school, Fair Heights High. I was in my senior year and my brother, Romeo, had been a freshman. He was already on the Varsity Track Team and also the Freshman Class President, while I was the Filmmakers Club Coordinator and a member of the Student Body. Our parents were very strict and had always wanted us to strive for big things instead of relying on our future inheritance.

I pulled into my parking spot in the back of the school at the student parking lot and grabbed my bag. "See ya later, freshmeat," I said to my brother, earning a glare.

I walked into the school and instantly noticed my best friend, Rowan, waiting for me at my locker. I walked up to her, smiling, as she rolled her eyes laughing.

"Hello, if it isn't our lovely Lia," she said hugging me.
"Hey Ro."
I grabbed my stuff from my locker as she waited, instantly noticing the boy opening his locker next to me. I had seen him go to the same school as me since 3rd grade, yet I never really had a full conversation with him. He looked like an interesting person although he was very quiet. I had a total of 9 classes with him since third grade, two being Math and French right now and I only ever heard him say his name or "yes" or "no". His name was River Atkins which some people thought was weird, but so was Ophelia.

"Hi, River," I said closing my locker and turning towards him. He looked at me shocked at first for talking to him and ran his hand through his golden hair, "Hi Ophelia."

"You can call me Lia."
"Sorry, Lia," his voice trailed off. He was nervous.
"So, River. You're going to my party tonight, right?" My parents would be on their trip to D.C on business and I had bribed Romeo to not snitch.
"I wasn't invited," he said lowly.
"River, there isn't an invite list everyone is welcome," I slightly laughed.
"Oh, well I'll go," he said, his cheeks turning red from embarrassment.
"Good, I'll see you there," I smiled.
"Yeah, see you there."

I walked away with Rowan in tow towards our 1st class. "Liaaa," Rowan called.
"Yes, Ro?"
"So, Atkins."
"What about him?"
"He's cute, right?"
"Yes, he is."
"You like him, don't you Lia?"

I stopped to turn towards her, "I barely know him, Ro." Before she could continue, I walked into the classroom and sat down in the back next to school's golden boy quarterback, Rider.

He smiled and I returned before we directed our attention to the front of the classroom.

After school, I went to the store with Romeo and got a lot of snacks and drinks for the party.

"So you stay in your room with James and Marcus and if you're gonna come out. DO NOT bother my guests or drink any booze someone brings. Got it?" I repeated to my brother.

"Yes, Lia," he rolled his eyes and opened the door for his friends, walking upstairs to his room.

I quickly got dressed in a sparkly spaghetti strap dress and took my straight hair out of its ponytail.

Well, time for the party.

the dress^(we stan naomi campbell)

leave a comment, i'm bOrEd😔