can i call you tonight?

We stayed for a while longer trying to find the meaning of the different drawings and just smiling at each other before leaving.

The whole car ride I had a smile on my face and so did River as he drove back into town. I had his hand in mine seated in my lap as I played with the woven bracelet I had made him a while back.

The snow outside began to fall softly as I hummed the lyrics to Sofia Mills Coffee Breath, the streets lit with white, red, and green.

He slowly pulled into the driveway of my house before turning off the car and sitting in a comfortable silence.

"Tonight was amazing. Thank you," I smiled before leaning in to give him a kiss. He followed, his soft lips moving slowly to leave a lingering kiss.

"It was, thank you," he answered, "I'm sad it's over."
"I know," I pushed his hair back which was starting to fall onto his face.
"Can I call you tonight?"
"Of course," I kissed him one more time before saying goodbye and heading inside.
***
It was already 2:30 in the morning and I had been on the phone with River for over an hour, talking about any and everything.

My phone was on speaker on my bed as I laid on my back watching the ceiling.

Ophelia: Honestly you know it's the Holidays when they start playing the Sprite Cranberry commercial. Doesn't really matter what day it is to be honest.

River: I heard it literally a couple days after Halloween. That same week everyone had their Christmas lights up.

Ophelia: Exactlyyy. And Ms. Cooper always has her light ups Halloween night all the way to February.

River: I hate to say it but she's the living example of the cat lady's they talk about in kid shows.

Ophelia: She was telling us in class the other day she got another cat actually. Apparently it's a hairless cat and she named him, Baxter?

River: I hate cats so much.

Ophelia: Same. I'm more of a dog person. I always wanted a golden retriever growing up, I was in love with the Air Buddies movies.

River: I really like 101 Dalmatians. I ended up getting one and named him Pongo after the dad.

Ophelia: You have a DOG?! And didn't tell me?

River: I didn't think to bring it up.

Ophelia: Dogs should always be brought up no matter the topic.

River: I'll remember that next time. 20 Questions?

Ophelia: Sure.

River: If you could get a redo in life, what would you do differently?

Ophelia: Honestly? Nothing. There are thousands of things I wish I could do differently, but I feel it'll just mess up where I am now and I wouldn't want that. What about you?

River: I can agree. You never know, changing one thing could've stopped me from talking to you.

Ophelia: Exactly, and I wouldn't want that.
***
I woke up that Sunday morning feeling exhausted. Looking at my phone, I noticed the call was still going but luckily I had put it on the charger before I fell asleep.

"River?"
He hummed in response before I heard shuffling on the other side of the phone.

"I don't even remember falling asleep," I whispered to myself but he still heard.
"You started listening to the playlist I made you and by the third song you were out," his morning voice was low and raspy as he let out a small laugh.

His voice is so attractive.

"Ophelia! Rowan's here!" my mom yelled from downstairs.

"Crap, I have to go. I'll talk to you later."
"Okay, bye Lia."
"Bye, River."

I hung up and brushed my teeth and changed into a white cropped shirt and some denim jeans. Quickly I grabbed my air forces with a flannel River had accidentally left at my house and let me keep.

I made my way downstairs where Rowan was waiting, talking to my family about the school play Romeo would be in

"Never saw you as a theatre kid not gonna lie," she laughed.
"Well apparently it's cute according to the upperclassmen girls and like I said months ago Hailey got the lead of Juliet. So I get to kiss her," Romeo replied with his usual annoying smirk.

Romeo had tried out for Romeo and Juliet back in November and surprisingly got the part. Every year on the last day before we go on holiday break the school hosts a Holiday Play where that night everyone comes out to watch.

They don't always do a Christmas one like A Christmas Carol or Scrooge: The Musical because of the diversity at our school. They usually respect everyone's religion and sometimes even did plays for other cultures.

This year everyone decided Romeo and Juliet would be the play and ironically, my brother Romeo, who was named after the play, got the part.

"Well we have to go so have fun rehearsing lines, freshie. Bye mom, bye dad," I rushed over to give my parents and brother a quick hug before leaving with Rowan.

We got in her car and drove to the senior citizens home where we would play board games with the elderly people and help out.

It started off as community service for our freshman to junior year, but this year we continued going seeing how close we were with everyone.

I specifically was around the same person every time we had went. His name Will and he was currently 95 years old. He always told the best stories about how it was during the war and the life he had with his wife before she passed, which were always my favorite.

As we passed the different stores that were being to open I remembered I had to tell Rowan something.

"I have something very important to tell you," I stated.
"What is it?" she asked, glancing at me.
"River and I are dating now!" I squealed.
"NO WAY OH MY GOD FINALLY!" she yelled just as excited as me, "What happened at the movie?!"

"Well he took me ice skating afterwards and then to that spot on the hill with the drawings. He ended up asking me to be his girlfriend there."
"Awww, he did it where you had your first kiss. That's so cute."
"I know."

I'm so close to 1k reads which is insane thank you all so much for reading💓 and also voting for my story and adding to your Reading Lists it means a lot💕

Thank you JaaSsIGuRL for commenting and voting it means a lot and it's appreciated❤️

Random Question of the Day: Favorite Netflix series?

My Answer:
I really like Atypical, Stranger Things, and The Society.