all the stars

*River's POV*

I was sitting in the backseat of Rider's car with Ophelia on our way to a pool party. It had only been a month since I started to interact with her and so much had already changed, not in a bad way per se it was just really new.

I'd always admired her though, which I figured was weird seeing I didn't know her personally. She was a generally nice person and I remembered the times she would try to talk to me in elementary school or wave and smile in our years in middle and high. Majority of the time she seemed happy, but there were times I caught her crying or looking upset in the AV Room when I stayed after school.

I did want to help, but my anxiety would never let me approach her. Yet here I was now, sitting next to her. Not to mention we're a thing now. I never expected for her to like me back, she seemed to like outgoing jocks and I was just some quiet kid who painted a lot.

She moved my arm over and leaned into my figure as I tried my best not to overreact. It was as if every time she touched me my heart would speed up and I could feel my hands get sweaty as my face turned red.

We pulled into the cabin owned by Oliver and walked inside where it was filled with people, all around our age.

"Well, I'm going to make some new friends. You comin' Alex?" Victor asked. Alex nodded and they walked off as Quinn and Emma went in the opposite direction. As for Rider and Rowan, they were already occupied watching a group of people at a keg.

"Do you know how to play the card game spoons?" Ophelia asked, looking up at me.
"Yes," I muttered although I tried to sound louder.
"Okay, let's go get a deck," she softly held my hand and made her way over to a table.

Oliver walked up to us with another guy along with him, "Hey guys, what's the game?"
"Spoons," Ophelia answered as she shuffled the cards.

They sat down and she dealt out four cards to everyone and set the rest down next to her.
"Are you fast enough," she asked, smiling at me.
"Yeah."

I knew this was a game you had to really concentrate in, but for some reason I had this gut feeling that I'd get distracted or not go fast enough for the sole purpose that I was around her.

"Okay," and with that she began picking up the cards one by one and quickly passing them in my direction after looking at it for a split second. Luckily I went just as fast.

"Holy shit you two are quick," Oliver said as he tried to pass the cards over to the guy next to him.
"I feel like I'm gonna lose," the other guy frowned as Ophelia laughed, still concentrated.
"Poor Noah," she mocked as she went through the cards.

So his name's Noah- I got a match.

Quickly, I picked up a plastic spoon as Ophelia and Oliver quickly followed. They both laughed at Noah in the process.

"Rigged," he said as he sat back watching her reshuffle, "I still wanna watch."
She dealt out the cards once more, asking if we were ready.

This time the game went a lot quicker as Ophelia had won this round and we were the only two left. She shifted places to face in front of me, "Ready, Riv?"

I nodded as I tried to hold in my smile at her sudden use of an abbreviation to my name. Suddenly, she began to pass the cards and we went back and forth through the deck as people watched contently.

Match.

I went to grab the spoon, but it was too late. She had already had it in her hand as she turned her cards over, displaying four Queens.

She sat up and leaned against the table to whisper in my ear, "Better luck next time."
I looked down smiling as everyone began to sit down and Quinn had the deck this time.

Oliver whispered something into Ophelia's ear before passing her a key as she smiled.

She got up, "C'mon." She gestured for me to follow. We walked away from the table and the pool which was occupied by the other guests.

"Where are we going," I questioned.
"Surprises, surprises," she simply stated with a smile. I got more nervous once I realized we were away from everyone else and were headed upstairs. She unlocked a door and opened it revealing a large hot tub with glass ceilings and walls all around.

"This looks insane," she said as we walked in. The room was already being drowned with soft music and the steam from the tub.

She took off the clothes she had over her bathing suit as I slowly followed. I looked at her for a while, noticing her small waistline and smooth legs. Before getting into the tub, she held my hand bringing me along with her.

I could already feel my breaths getting shorter and faster as she sat me down on the edge in the water and straddled my lap before putting her arms around my neck.

When she had did something similar last night I completely freaked out, in a good way. She had some kind of ability to put me in a trance of some sort. Yes, there were a lot of girls at our high school who were considered attractive, but I had always been focused on her.

Her smooth, chocolate skin. Her brown eyes covered by her naturally long lashes. Those luscious lips. Her body altogether was gorgeous. And she seemed to have a way with words. I was obsessed with everything about her.

She stopped looking at me to look up at all the stars through the ceiling, continuing to run her hands through my hair.

"I like this room," she muttered before looking back at me. I nodded in agreement, having the urge to kiss her lips. I slowly moved in as she smiled at my confidence before I kissed her.

Her lips tasted of pineapple mango from the drink she had earlier and her skin smelled like gardenias from her perfume.

Deepening the kiss I heard her slightly moan as her hands fell onto my chest. I figured I should stop seeing I now knew I had a limit when it came to this.

She bit her bottom lip, attempting to obtain a smile as her hands continued to travel.

"About two months ago I would have never considered you to be a bold person," she stated, "Let alone that good of a kisser."

She mumbled the last part but I heard it clearer and put my head down as I felt my face heat up.

She rested her head into the crook of my neck as I continued to hold her legs straddling my waist.

I could get use to being around her like this.