river

River unlocked the front door to his house and we stepped into the warm air. Before I could reach the large Dalmatian asleep in the corner of the living room, River threw me over his shoulder and started up the stairs.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.
"If you get near the dog I know you aren't going to leave him alone and I want you to myself right now."

I squealed as he dropped me down onto his bed. It was the first time I'd been in his house so seeing his room in person was different.

The walls were mostly covered with album and magazine covers of his favorite artists and actors. Right above his art desk he had a bunch of disposable camera photos, mostly of us.

I took off my shoes and coat as he lied down on top of me, turning the TV on.

"So I'm guessing we're continuing the Office marathon," I smiled.
"No, not today."

He started the movie One Day before pressing himself closer to me, nuzzling his head into my neck, "I heard this was a good movie. Kind of like Love, Rosie."

Playing in his hair, I hummed in acknowledgement, "So you just want to watch the movie?"

He looked up with a confused expression plastered on his face, "What else would we do?"
"I don't know maybe this."

I pulled his arms away from me, quickly pinning him down and hopping on top. Giving him a quick kiss, I laughed at his startled expression. His face was turning red per usual.

"Or we could just watch the movie," I teasingly moved from on top of him and turned my attention to the movie.

Slowly sitting up, he pulled me down again and left a lingering kiss on the nape of my neck. I moved my hands to his shoulders, "Wasn't expecting that response."

"I know," his laugh was lower than usual before he continued to kiss all over my neck and collarbone. His hands were slowly traveling up and down every part of me as my breathing hitched.

"I can stop if you want, Lia," he whispered in my ear as his hand moved dangerously close to my inner thigh.

I pulled him down more until his chest was lying on mine, "Don't, but we have to be back in two hours."
"We have enough time."

***

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at River who was still sleeping.
"River. Wake up."

His eyes opened and made their way to mine before a small smile crept upon his face.

"How much time do we have?" His voice was low and raspy which reminded me of when he called me in the mornings.
"Thirty minutes until class."

"Oh shit."
"We have enough time to get there."
"No, not that. Lia, your neck."

I sat up and turned towards the mirror on his wall. My neck had a couple of visible hickeys, but the rest were all in spots that would be covered by clothes.

"Well, I have to hide this or Rowan and my parents will kill me if they see it."
"I have a feeling they'd try killing me first," River stated as he sat up, " I wasn't expecting it to come out that visible."

"It's fine, I have makeup in my bag," I reassured him, giving him a long kiss before pulling the covers off and hopping out of bed.

He watched me walk towards my bag and get my makeup before grabbing his glasses off the nightstand.

I still only had on my cami and underwear while River was currently only in boxers. And no. We did not go as far as you might think we did. I don't think either of us are actually ready for that anyhow.

He started getting dressed and placed my clothes neatly on top of his bed before standing directly behind me as I sat in his desk chair.

Looking at him through the mirror, I slowly pulled him down by his shirt and gave him a small peck on the lips before there was scratching on the other side of his door.

River let Pongo in as I quickly turned all of my attention towards the very big dog. He quickly made his way towards me, sniffing and walking around the chair I sat in before he realized I was harmless.

Growing up I had always wanted a dog, but my parents never let us get one. The amount of pet fish we killed was ridiculous and once we did get older the idea of a dog just seemed to fade away.

"He usually doesn't like meeting new people," River stated.
"I'm a likable person," I smiled.
"That you are."

***

"So where were you this morning, missy?" Rowan asked.

We were currently in our lunch period sitting in our usual booth. Quinn and Emma normally sat with us, but they were studying for the math finals today at last minute.

"Skipping with River," I mumbled.
"Wait, did I just hear that correctly? You said "skipping"? With River?"

I nodded before attempting to change the subject, "I heard the AP Calc final wasn't as hard as it seemed and if you-."

She cut me off, "Where did you two go? Rita's?"
"Uh...no."
"...The movies?"
"Nope."
"Then where?"
"...His house."
"Who's idea was that?"
"His."

Rowan's eyes got wide and her mouth dropped before she composed herself and put on a sly smirk. "Who knew loverboy had it in him?"

"It's not what you think," I shook my head slightly laughing.
Her shoulders dropped as she rolled her eyes, "You children and your innocence."

I trusted Rowan with everything, but this was something that I was only going to keep between River and I. After all, I did say she would kill me if she found out.

This took me so long to write compared to my other chapters, I LIT RALLY couldn't think of how to put it together.

Anyways thank you for the reads, votes and comments once again it means a lot and I'm really happy about how much this book has grown🤧💕

With that all being said I hope you guys had a great Christmas and are having a fun holiday break