90210

We had found a cool diner just outside of Universal Studios and decided to get lunch there. While waiting, I messed around with the settings on my camera and looked at the raw footage I had from the amusement park.

"You haven't been recording a lot lately. At least not like before."

I looked up at River, "Honestly I just keep forgetting to bring my camera places, but I can not procrastinate anymore. This film is going to cost me a grade and I'm trying to use some of it for my college application."

"I just realized, we never talk about college."
I sighed, "I don't want to think about leaving everyone. The school I want to go to is no where near Pennsylvania."
"Where is it?"
"Here. In Cali. What about you?"

"Rutgers, it's in New Jersey. But my second choice is CalArts."
I smiled, "CalArts is my first."

The waitress dropped a tray of fries and two burgers on our table with two Cookies n' Cream milkshakes.

I dipped a fry in my milkshake before looking back at River, "What's wrong?"
He didn't look upset, though it was as if he wanted to say something and kept contemplating.

He shook his head dismissing it and I moved to the other side of the booth next to him. I pulled his hand into my lap before continuing, "Nope. You gotta tell me."

He smiled before resting his head on mine and sighing, "What happens when we go to college?"
"We leave high school," I joke.
"Nooo, I'm being serious," he laughed before going on, "I mean, with us. New Jersey is pretty far from here...I don't want to lose you."

"And you won't. I can promise that. Even if we have to do long distance, we'll do it. I'm not losing you that easy, Atkins."

"Promise?"
"I pinky promise," I held out my pinky before he locked his onto it and smiled.
"Why are your hands always so cold?"

I pulled my hand away quickly and scoffed, "Didn't know it was 'Let's Call Lia Out' Day. You just ruined a very sentimental moment."

He laughed before putting his hands up in defense, "I'm sorry, it's just your always cold. I could understand in Pennsylvania, but the weather here is in the 80s."

"Oh, shush." I was getting ready to go back to the other side of the booth when River put his arm around my waist and pulled me back in.
"Stay on this side."
"Isn't that weird? No one's on the other side."
He started moving my stuff onto the side we were on, "I doubt anyone cares."

He handed my camera to me which I put at the end of the table and hit the record button before we continued.

This was something I could get used to. Sitting in a booth, eating, the sun heating up the place perfectly as it shined through the large windows, and an amazing boyfriend.

I started thinking back on the last couple of months and how close we had gotten so quickly. To think, that before October, River and I would only give small "hello's" to each other and now? Well now we're here, together in California.

I really did believe that if we were long distance it would work out. What I felt for him was too strong to just let go of because of distance. I admit it did scare me, but the idea of growing up altogether did too and we didn't have that much longer until then.