trust

*Last Day in Cali*

The sound of River's alarm woke me up along with his constant movement trying to find his phone in the dark room. I looked at the window, covered by its curtains there was a bit of sunlight in between the two layers.

I do not want to get up.

He finally found his phone, turning off the alarm before going back to his previous position lying against my back with his face snuggled against my neck.

As I started to close my eyes again, River mumbled loud enough for me to hear, "We have to get up."
"Nope."

He sat up, moving around on the other side. I couldn't see what he was doing because my back was facing him, but as long as I was unbothered I was fine.

That was until he spoke up again, "Lia c'mon."
"River, please leave me alone," I pulled the covers over my head as silence entered the room once more.

"Liaaa, get up. You're gonna be pissed later on if I let you sleep in on our last day." He started pulling at the blanket.

"No I won't. I'll be glad I have such an amazingly considerate and sweet boyfriend who let me sleep in."
"I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but it's your fault you're tired."

This made me get up, "How is it my fault?"
"You were the one who wanted to stay up."
"Really? Because if I remember correctly, you were all for it and you made the first move."

He smiled before looking away and mumbling, "I was set up."
"Both times?" I tried holding in my laugh as his face turned red.

He walked over to the window, opening the curtains to my dismay. I finally decided on getting up, realizing he would've just eventually pulled me out of bed.

River's eyes raked over me when he turned around and I began to feel awkward. "You look nice."
I looked down in confusion, "I'm wearing a shirt?"
"Well, yeah but it's mine." He stood directly in front of me his hands moving down my waist before picking me up, "One more time."

***

River had finished Elias's house yesterday so today we were able to stay out all day. I will admit though, spending time with Elias was nice. He was really a memorable person, that was for sure. And the rooms turned out amazing, all that was left was the showing which would be released in May by our graduation date.

The thing I was most happy about was that we still had one more week of break when we get back to Pennsylvania. Even though it was snowing I was excited for Christmas and New Years.

River was surprising me today on every place we were going to. I was nervous because he insisted on a blindfold, which I thought meant I was being pranked.

After getting out of the Uber with his help, we were walking forward until he came to a halt, "Okay we're here." He stood behind me and took the blindfold off as I adjusted to the sunlight.

Blu Jam Café

"River! You remembered," I smiled before looking back at him. I had talked about the café in French class once or twice and how I wished there was one nearby after hearing how good it was on social media.

"Of course I did," he kissed my cheek before taking my hand in his, "Let's go inside."

***

We were now walking down the streets of Disneyland, hand in hand looking at all the attractions. I was beginning to really like California and thought about what it would be like attending school here.

There were so many cool places compared to Pennsylvania, I doubt I'd ever get bored. And if the weather was like this in the winter I could only imagine the summer. We even bumped into some of the cast from one of Romeo's favorite Netflix shows. And as promised, I got him an autograph.

Although it was fun, the thought of being far from River kept popping up into my mind. I tried my best not to think about it because I didn't want to worry him, but it was hopeless.

If he was still across the country I knew I was willing to stay together and he was too. But what if the distance becomes pressuring? Or what if he even finds a girl?

Don't think about it, you can't cry in public. Especially over fake scenarios.

I was pressuring myself in the middle of a good day and for what? I placed my attention on what was happening around me. In every direction there were couples, majority with children who were holding balloons and stuffed animals.

River pulled me in the direction of the ride we had been looking for. "Kind of bummed out that this is the last place we'll be before we leave tomorrow morning," I stated.

We would be living at 9 in the morning and getting home at 2 in the afternoon.

"Actually there's one more place we're going tonight I think you'll like."
"What is it?"
"A surprise."
"You're joking right? You're gonna make me wait all day?"
"Yes, Lia. All day," he laughed.
"Now it'll be the only thing I think about while we're here," I argued, "Just tell me."

I grabbed his arm as he turned to fully face me. He rested his forehead on mine, smiling, "Just trust me."

I skipped forward a bit because there's still a couple more major events happening in this book. Including the one that was at the beginning of the book which is really going to show conflict obviously.

I even started writing the sequel already💀All I have to say is get ready😳