dreams

We arrived at the seniors home at our usual time and made our way to the front desk. The place was set up like an expensive hotel, with its wide halls leading to various rooms. It reminded me of the Hilton.

The person at the front desk notified the people that we were here and Rowan and I parted ways. She usually went to visit her great grandmother and help her whenever we came.

After I got off of the elevator, I walked to room 72 where Will lived. I knocked twice before opening the door, revealing the huge living room where Will was sitting on the sofa watching Three's Company.

I had always liked Will's apartment with its blue carpets and white sheer curtains. The sofa was blue alongside two chairs which wear beige with blue flowers on them. And on the bookshelf held a variety of books with porcelain dolls his wife had growing up. The TV was mounted above the fireplace which was lit as usual.

"Hello Lia, dear," he smiled as he looked over from his seat.
"Hi, Will," I walked over and sat down in one of the floral chairs.
"So, did you listen to me and ask him to the drive-in?"
"Yup."
"Well, what happened?!"

He impatiently waited for my reply, glancing away from his show.
"Well, we're together now."

Will smiled before nodding and looking back at the TV, "It's about time."
"We literally only started hanging out a couple of months ago," I laughed.
"Things like that have no time limit. It's okay to move fast, you never know when it'll end so have fun."

I thought about his statement and nodded in agreement, "So! Are the grandkids coming?"
"Yes, actually. Dawn and Dylan should be here in a few minutes."
"That's great! I'll get some art supplies out."

I walked to one of the extra rooms and grabbed a bin filled with art supplies and four canvases as Will grabbed the twins' favorite snacks.

Dawn and Dylan were his youngest grandchildren on five. They were mixed twins, and had the most energy for a pair of six year olds.

Suddenly, the door burst open and the twins ran in as their mother leaned against the door.

"GRANDPA!" they yelled in unison.
"My two favorite twins," he hugged them as their mother watched from the door, smiling at her father-in-law and children.

You could tell the resemblance they had with her. They had acquired her thick long curls and dark brown eyes, but the facial structure matched pictures of their father and a younger Will.

She said her goodbyes before kissing her children and leaving us to a very long paint session.
***
"Santa's supposed to be fat, Dylan," Dawn scrunched up her nose as she looked at her brother's painting.
"He can lose weight if he wants to, Dawn," he stuck his tongue out before laughing at her frustration.

She turned away from him and looked at my canvas, "Oooh, it's a sunflower. How'd you do it?"

I smiled and helped her make one on her own canvas which was painted with a large garden and little butterflies.
***
After we finished painting, I helped clean up and left after the kids.

River and I were watching The Office as I rested my hand on his chest and my leg was lazily wrapped over his torso.

"I can see why people like Jim and Pam," I said as we watched.
He hummed in agreement, drawing figure 8's on my back with his finger.

Suddenly, River's phone rang as I paused the show and moved over.

"Hello....Yes...Next Saturday?....How many?....A whole house?!....As in-LA, California? I don't know-....Okay...I'll let you know...Bye."

He put his phone down, lost in thought as he stayed silent.

"You okay?" I moved over to hold his hand as he looked up.
"That was the owner of the museum. He said that a friend of his wants me to design his house in Cali. It's being presented on Amazing Interiors."
"That's great!" I jumped up, wrapping my arms around him.

He did the same, letting out a small sigh and whispering, "This seems like a dream."

I rested my forehead on his, "Well it's true now. I'm so proud of you."

He leaned in closer, connecting our lips before his phone dinged. This time it was Rider.
He frowned.

"It's fine, you promised him you'd help paint his walls," I smiled before moving off of him.
"Can I pick you and Romeo up tomorrow?"
"Sure, I'll see you then."

I walked him downstairs to the front door. He put on his coat and gave me another kiss before walking outside.

Quickly making a cup of hot cocoa I made my way upstairs and decided to continue working on my film project for high school.

This is more of a filler chapter, but Will and his grandkids are fundamental in the story.
Also thanks again for voting on my story🙃💓

Random Question of the Day: Anyone still play Roblox or Minecraft😭?

My Answer:
I do because I have a younger brother who always wants to play. He's a pain but it's fun sometimes💀We're currently playing Roblox