Struggles of Forgetting You pt.1

Shen Yue woke up by the loud ringing of her phone. When she checked the clock it was 6:45 AM

Too early, she thought.

She was about to go back to sleep when she heard a knock on the door and her manager's voice echoed along with the loud slamming of the door.

Yue waited until her manager was inside her room before she decided to get up and lean on the headboard.

"What's the meaning of this? You said you'd be careful, both of you promised not to get caught by any paparazzi!!", her manager reprimanding her while shoving the phone unto her face.

She knew what that is, they saw it last night. A paparazzi stalk QiMing and ended up seeing them on a late-night date.

"Haven't you noticed them following you?", she asked and with that, he shakes his head

She left him standing outside the car while she walked through the elevator and pressed the floor where her apartment is.

All he can do is slump and disappointment is visible throughout his face.

Yue wanted to explain everything but she is too stressed to talk. She's not answering QiMing's calls since last night, that she even ignored the call of her Mom.

While her Manager was ranting in the background, her thoughts went somewhere else.

"Did he already saw it?", she murmurs.

"What? You're saying something?"

"Jie, do you think he already saw it?"

"Most likely. He knew since last night that they took pictures of both of you, together. QiMing has been calling me since last night about it. They wanted to meet you tod--"

"I'm not talking about QiMing, I'm referring to Dylan."

Her manager was appalled with what she said that she sat at the edge of her bed and tried to explain but it's no use.

"I mean, he recently confessed right, and now he would see this, I ju--"

"Okay, hold on, you're seriously thinking of how Dylan would think about this rather how the agency and your parents would?"

Yue just shrugged.

"Am I missing something here?", her manager asked and she just shakes her head.

"You know what, I'll take a bath first and get me to wherever you wanted me to go to, okay?"

***

"Hi, how are you?", she was smiling while waving at him.

As if Dylan's world stopped for a few seconds but he can still hear the songs on his headphones. All he could see was the face of the woman he loved, smiling back at him. And it only took one word from her for his heart to flutter and this time he clearly knows why;

He loves her, still.

He took his headphones off and smile.

"I'm good, you?"

"I'm happy... happy to see you again."

Both of them are uncertain about what they would say so they decided to just fall silent.

Too silent all they can hear are the laughter coming from their friends who are playing inside and each other heartbeats.

***