Vikklan Oneshot

He was hiding behind the door. The door that hid him from his abusive lover. He knew that he'd be found eventually. He knew the abuse wouldn't stop. But he kept trying.

Kept trying to bring back the old Vikk. But it was almost like he was never going to turn back. He was vicious. Crazy. Judgmental. He almost wanted to leave. But he couldn't. Because he had gotten himself wrapped around Vikk's little finger.

It used to be an okay relationship. But behind closed doors Lachlan would try to talk to his other friends. Only to be pulled away by Vikk. And Vikk would cheat. He had several other past boyfriends. Looking for the one. And Lachlan was the one.

The one he could manipulate and twist and bend to a point where Lachlan was scared. Of everything. He had no friends anymore. He couldn't go anywhere without Vikk. Couldn't talk to anyone without Vikk. He was so controlling that he told himself that it was okay.

But it wasn't.

Vikk got colder. A little more sadistic. Kept pulling Lachlan into bed with him more often. And that was where they were now. Vikk had slapped him. Called him names. And tried to defile him so many times.

Lachlan felt like breaking down behind the door. But he had to be quiet. Otherwise he'd be found. And he'd be subjected to far worse than a punch. He kept having to hide the bruises, the pain, the hickeys.

It was too intense. He had to get out. But where would he go? He had nobody.

"Lachlan?"

Vikks voice got nearer. Lachlan shivered in fear. Trying to pull as much of himself into the clothes in the closet. Trying not to breathe despite the fractured ribs.

"Babe? Please I didn't mean it..." His voice sounded forced. He'd heard it so many times. He was angry. And every time Vikk was angry he always got hurt. He tried to squeeze himself more. Desperately trying to disappear. But he couldn't. He couldn't disappear no matter what he tried, because Vikk would always find him.

Suddenly he heard Vikk's footsteps. They had retreated. But it was better to stay hidden than to face him. So he stayed put.

An hour passed. Maybe two. It was then that the sudden burst of heat came to him. There was nothing but heat. He wanted to get out. To run. To finally get away from Vikk. But he realized as the heat turned into flames that, burning to death was his only escape.

And so he stayed put. Screaming on the inside as he broiled to death in the closet, a single tear managing to run down his cheek.

It was the last time anyone heard from Lachlan Ross Powers as he was unceremoniously burned to death. And it was also the last time anyone saw Vikram Barn.

———
I don't know why I like picking on Vikklan. Sue me.