Don't touch him - October How Do I Love Thee?

Gale and Newton were soaked by the time they arrived at the dormitory. 

"I'm not letting you sleep alone tonight," Gale took shivering Newton up to her room. 

The rain was getting heavier. Gale rummaged through her closet and pulled out some dry clothes that hopefully fit Newton. 

"You can go wash and change in my bathroom. I'll use the public bath in the corridor," Gale handed the clothes to Newton, who was still quiet. 

Newton went into the bathroom and locked the door. He let the hot water flow. He sighed. The warmth calmed him down after the emotional hurricane.  

When he came out of the bathroom after a long shower, Gale was already sitting on the bed with clean clothes.

"Are you alright now?" Gale asked, drying off her wet hair with a towel. 

"Yeah," Newton sat next to Gale on a soft bed. 

Newton's left cheek, where Gale has slapped him, was a little swollen. Newton cringed when Gale carefully touched it.

"You hit me too damn hard," Newton winced. 

"Serves you right," Gale said sternly. However, feeling a little guilty, she stood up to bring a clean cloth soaked in cold water. Gale put the handkerchief gingerly on the boy's cheek. 

They were just sitting there quietly, Gale pressing the cold fabric on Newton's face. Both of them didn't dare to look at each other in the eyes. The thunder rumbled outside. 

Finally, it was Newton who broke the silence.

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked. 

Gale shook her head. 

"I was ... worried," Gale sighed.

"...I'm sorry," Newton murmured.

Gale gently kissed Newton on the lips. Newton knew his apology was accepted. 

"It's hard to keep my anger with you, peasant," Gale chuckled. 

Looking at Gale smiling, Newton realized how much he has been missing her. He leaned forward to kiss Gale once more.

Gale's chuckle quickly turned into a gasp when Newton's lips slid down to his neck. Where his lips touched her, it burned. 

"Shh, it's alright," Newton murmured teasingly when Gale winced in surprise. He was just about to move down to Gale's collarbone when Gale reached out to unbutton Newton's shirt. Newton, surprised, recoiled back. An awkward silence passed. Gale stopped, confused.

"What's the matter?" 

"I..." Newton hesitated, searching for words. 

"I...It's...not pretty," Newton stuttered, his face becoming red. 

Gale knelt slowly beside Newton. Newton's face was burning up. 

"You're not going to like it. It's..." 

Gale enclosed Newton's mouth with hers before he finished his sentence. Gale began to slowly unbutton Newton's shirt. Newton hesitated every time a button opened up to reveal him. 

When the shirt came off, Newton closed his eyes with shame. 

Gale traced the boy's skin with her finger. Her eyes followed the path, landing upon scars upon scars. 

Silence followed. 

"Do they hurt?" Gale asked softly. 

Newton shook his head, no. 

Gale gently pressed her lips upon the old marks. 

"If you want to stop, we can stop now," Newton said quietly. 

But it didn't stop there. The night continued on. The whole world repeatedly shattered and resurrected beneath their feet. 

The moon slowly tilted toward the forest. They laid in bed side by side, catching their breath. Finally, Gale turned to face Newton, tenderly tracing the scars on Newton's body. Newton closed his eyes and sighed. 

"You need to tell me tomorrow who did this to you, Newton," Gale muttered dreamily. 

"Why? Are you going to kick their ass?" Newton chuckled. 

"Nah, better," Gale replied as her eyelids began to fall.

"I'm going to tell them that you're mine."

And everyone in Handorr knows, no one dares to touch the Smaragdos family property without paying a price.