Mock Wedding - Coldplay Hymn for the Weekend

Gale wouldn't have survived that summer without Newton. 

She crumpled the papers containing all the information about Anthony. The information was mostly useless - Anthony's residents, birthdate, and his family. The only thing interesting was that Anthony's family has been opening up a new pharmaceutical company in Handorr but that was about it. 

Gale hid the paper under the desk when her first brother, John, came into the room. 

"Gale, you didn't find any documentation regarding the cargo ship #2204, right?" 

Gale shook her head, no. 

"That's weird. That ship disappeared out of the blue while coming back from Collenka."

"I'm only taking care of the opera hall documents for now."

"Alright, I'll ask around. Anyway, I need those opera hall reviews done by tomorrow." 

Gale groaned loudly in her head. 

When her brother left the room, Gale sluggishly returned to her original work. She has been using her father's office since she didn't have her own office yet. She had stacks of paper in her desk again, mostly about how to design the acoustics of the opera hall and assigning fees for the technicians. 

This was all too much. Gale announced to her brothers that this business thing will be only for the summer break. She will go back to focusing on her studies in Meldovern during the semester. There was only a week of summer break left so Gale had some hope up that she would soon be able to practice as she pleased. She also had a Candra concert hall performance coming up during the fall semester so she really needed to get back on her music studies. 

Meanwhile, there was a loud yawn outside the balcony where the branches of the old tree swayed in the gentle breeze. 

"That was a great nap."

Newton was lying on one of the thick branches. During the summer break, he came here almost every day at least for a few hours to practice his violin or take a nap on the tree. Since the tree only faced the balcony of her father's office, Newton was concealed by all the leaves. No one noticed when he came to stay next to Gale.

Gale walked up to the balcony. 

"Just come inside and sleep in the bed."

"If I go inside, you won't be able to work. I promise that."

Gale looked up at the tree where Newton was perched like a bird, almost like a mischievous tree elf.  Warm sunlight glowed through the green leaves. A violin bag was hanging from the branch next to him. 

"I think you will be offended if I say this," Gale sat on the balcony rail. 

"Try me."

"I wish I'm a commoner sometimes."

Newton huffed. He slowly opened his eyes and closed them again. 

"Oh yeah?"

"I don't get to choose what I want to do in this family."

"You don't get to choose? I don't even get a chance," Newton sneered but he felt sorry for Gale, being forced to work on a stupid business. 

He slid down from the tree, taking his violin with him. Newton's skin was tanned into a nice olive shade from the sun. He stood in the garden, looking up at Gale, pale as a snow-white. 

"I'm going back to Shobaim. Care to follow me and learn how to live like a commoner?"

Gale looked back to her desk where all the works were piled up. Her brother said to finish them by tomorrow.