chapter 18

"Well its nice for you to show up."

Malia-" Sorry Vicks. I've been.. out."

Okay for the past few days i havent been seen much. Spending my time with the wolf and just.. talking to him. No the wolf doesnt answer back but its nice to talk to someone.

Vicky-" Where were you last night i was ..dead.. worried."

At end she started taking long pauses between her words which told me there was more to it. Last night i fell asleep curled up the wolf. Cute moment.

Malia-" Is everything alright ?"

She looked down and her breathing increased a little. I sat beside her on the bed.

Malia-" Talk to me sweetie."

Vicky-" Its just that your lucky you've been here only two weeks."

Two weeks feels much longer. Without family. Ellie. But there are ways to distract yourself. Especially by following and irritating the head masters to tell me how to get out of here.

Malia-" Why ?"

Vicky-" Hell seems all calm and quite. But once your here over a month nightmares kick in. Fears chase and follow you in every step."

I actually have noticed only a very few people around town. The elders usually stay at the other side of town.

The town is mostly deserted. The street, the park. Sometimes i feel like im the only one around here and with every minute passing i feel like im going to go insane.

Vicky-" After all this wouldnt be hell if it was quite and nice all the time."

There was a pause as i layed myself on her bed and pulled an arm around her. I was like an older sister to her or even a boyfriend.

Vicky-" If you listen carefully you can hear the screams of others as their fears chase them."

That night she fell asleep in my arms. Her nightmares fading away for one night. After a few hours of staring onto the ceiling i wriggled out.

It took her awhile to fall asleep. My stomach always turned when i looked at Vicky. She was not supposed to be here but got send here anyway. Just shows how life is unfair.

Searching outside in the dark for the familiar blue glowing eyes. When they stepped out from behind the tree i couldnt help but smile.

I lied down resting my head on the wolfs stomach.

Malia-" Can i call you snow ? Growl if yes."

Snow growled and nuzzled its nose into my hair. I thought back to what Victoria said. I listened carefully. Everything was nice and quite all this time. But screams erupted. Ear, piercing screams. I blocked my ears, curling into snow.

Unknown POV.

"Use your charm for gods sake ! We need her."

"Father i have told you many times shes not like others ! I need some other help."

Malia is our key out of here. It was about time someone came around to get us out of this hell hole. No pun intended.

"And anyway she has been spending time with that wolf. It protects her !"

My father ran a hand through hes now greying hair. The effect of hell and what its been doing has been doing quite some damage.

"Fine. We'll compell her to forget her mate. Make her think shes with you. Make her forget she had children. Just do whats needed to be done."

Malia is gonna be in trouble. But im not telling you whos doing this. Not yet anyways.

Thank you for reading.