Whispering Plants

"Tell me something

"Tell me something...do you want to be a hero?" The raspy voice of Katsuki made Toya pause, as it was clear the older Bakugo had been crying.
The pale boy smiled before looking out the window in his room, plants swaying slightly causing the shadows to play against his pale skin.
"When I was younger...my mom always talked about me being her hero." He started, a small smile tilting the edges of his mouth,"but with my background I knew I would be a "villain".  But with everything that has happened I knew that I wanted to save as many people as I could." His soft response caused the older Bakugo to smile in relief, his red eyes not moving from his hands.
"Ever since you showed up at the house I knew we would be heroes together, but I also could tell you were softer then me. I...have a hard time...controlling my emotions, I get angry all the time...but you were always there to keep me calm." With that his eyes met the tired blue eyes of his brother," Toya, I want you know...I'll always protect you, I know your past is a big secret, but...your my brother." Suddenly his red eyes filled with pain and anger as his hands clenched tightly together.
Toya instantly leaned forward, the plants that were wrapped around him letting him go gently as he pulled Katsuki in for a hug.
"Suki, no matter what happens to me, or where I go. I will always see you as my brother." His soft whisper caused Katsuki to tense slightly before leaning into the hug with a sigh.
"Just know that there is always a room here for you, and I'll make sure if it." Katsuki grumbled, with that the two brothers parted and he watched as the smaller boy leaned back the vines wrapped back around him.
"They are healing me, especially Brutis." Toya explained gently petting the leaves that wrapped around his arms.

A couple of days later the two brothers walked into class 1-A once more, and moved to their seats. They had come early because Katsuki didn't want to be stopped every time someone saw Toya.
He knew his classmates had been concerned and annoyed him to no end these last few days.
Toya hummed softly as he moved stiffly over to the plants at the window, which Aizawa had yet to toss out yet.
"Someone watered them while you were gone. But I'm not sure who." Katsuki explained and blue eyes seemed to soften as he gently touched the leaves.
"Yes I can tell, I think they watered them a little too much." He giggled softly and with a wave of his hand the extra moisture on the plants slowly pulled up into the air spinning slightly.
Katsuki watched silently, never bored of Toya's quirk, who spun his finger and the water evaporated. The younger Bakugo then picked a red cherry tomato whispering a thanks before gently laying it on a desk.
Katsuki's eyes narrowed as he tried to remember what idiot was in that seat all the while Toya sat down with a small smile taking out his notes.
"How did you know they were the one who did it?" At the gruff voice of his brother Toya smiled over at him, eyes sparkling with mischievous.
"They told me." With that he turned back to the notes Katsuki had made him to keep up with the class, blue eyes flickering over the page.
The ash blonde Katsuki huffed slightly before looking over at the plants, his annoyance for no answers out shadowed by the fact that Toya could understand plants.

The door opened and the two brothers looked up to see a certain blue haired boy with glasses gap at the two before marching forward.
"Toya! It is good to see you in good health! Many in the class have been worried about you, it is irresponsible of you to have us worry so much." Toya watched Iida's arm chop up and down as the taller boy spoke.
"Thank you for watering my plants class president." Instantly the taller boy flushed red before pushing his glasses up on his nose as if to hide his emotions.
"O-of course! It is my duty to help out everyone in the class." Was his quick reply and Katsuki could feel his jaw drop as he looked at the flustered four-eyes.
As more people walked into the class Katsuki felt his annoyance for his overly worried peers grow slightly but he was quick to push it down at the joy on Toya's face.
Momo has told everyone strictly not to overwork their mascot and even pulled out a small what she called "care package" that will help him with his recovery.
Toya was quick to thank her and Katsuki could tell it meant a lot to his brother that everyone cared for his wellbeing.
But as the classroom began to get louder the smaller Bakugo couldn't hide his wince, a hand going to his temple as if to soothe the pain.
Katsuki jerked to his feet and instantly the class fell silent at the deathly glare that fell upon them.
Kirishima chuckled before running a hand through his hair, "I didn't realize how much of a mom you were Katsuki."
Instantly the ash blonde boy spun towards the other boy a snarl on his face but at the sound of Toya's laughter the two fell silent.
Before much else could be said the boy opened once more and a tired looking Aizawa walked in, greeting Toya before moving to the front of the class.
"Good to see you are doing better Toya, as you've been informed we are having a sports festival here at U.A.  You have decided to participate even with the loss of days that everyone else got, but don't make that an excuse for if you loose." Toya gave a small nod, feeling the many pairs of eyes that looked at their classmate in surprise, admiration, and concern.