Chapter 1

-Hinata-

I was on my way to the Hokage tower where I have been summoned. Could it be a mission? Making my way to the Hokage tower, I passed by children playing ninja, people on errands, parents buying their children snacks, and other ninjas on their break, talking. I loved the Hidden leaf village, I love my home.

I passed by a certain ramen shop and stopped. Ichiraku... I wonder how he's doing right now? He must be working hard. I  smiled as I remembered a blonde haired boy with blue eyes and an energetic  smile. Naruto has been gone for a year now training with Master Jaraiya. He's been working hard to get stronger so he can bring Sasuke back to the village. 'I also have to work hard! He will be gone for still another two years. I have to get stronger so Naruto can acknowledge me, I can't fall behind!' I told myself.

"You summoned me Lady Hokage?" I asked after walking in to the Hokage's office. Seeing three other chunnin ninjas standing side by side each other facing the Hokage.
"Yes I did" Tsunade, who was looking out the window, turned around to face me.
"Hinata Hyuga! I am assigning you a B-rank mission. You will be Captain of this squad. You're mission is to track a rogue ninja, named Tsuru Kuroji.  He is originally from the land of fire, but four years ago he went on his own. We have gathered Intel on  him, it seems he is doing some business with organizations that sell illegal jutsu and weapons to different villages.

I want you and your team to track Tsuru and gather Intel on his movements and who he is doing business with. Also if you have the opportunity to apprehend him then do so, he will be much more useful if we are able to interrogate him. When you have done either of them, report back to me".

"Yes ma'am!" Every body replied.
'I don't think I should be Captain though, I'm not very good at leading a team', I thought to myself. I've always had little confidence in myself, especially during missions, now I have to lead one which makes me even more nervous to say the least.
"Very well, you are dismissed", Tsunade responded.

The other three ninja and I walked out of the office. I was nervous but I knew I was responsible for their lives and the success of the mission, I made sure to show no hesitation in my actions and in my words. "Okay, we will prepare for the mission, so gather essentials and meet in the front Gates in one hour. Please be on time". I ordered. "Yes!" They scattered and went their different ways.

As I was preparing for the mission, I had my doubts about this mission seeing that this will be my first mission as a chunnin since I've become one. But there was no use thinking about it now, all I can do is do my best on completing the mission and protecting my comrades.

I run out of my room, on my way to the gates when I see my younger sister, Hanabi, training with my father. She looks exhausted and beaten up, father is extra strict with her seeing as that she will be the next head of the clan. Father started to train Hanabi because he told me that I did not have what it takes to be the head of the clan, not after being defeated by my younger sister. I suppose he may be right, I'm weak, but that makes me even more determined to get stronger.

As I head to the gates I pass by a man with dark hair tied into a low ponytail. "Oh hello, Itachi".
"Hm? Hello Hinata. How have you been?" He smiled at me with a kind a smile.
"I've been well, I was actually on my way to the front. I've just been assigned a new mission as Captain. My first one as a Chunnin."
"I see. Everyone of your year have just become Chunnin, is that right? You'll be assigned more missions now and assigned as Squad leader often".
"Yeah. Everybody is now, well except for Naruto and..." I hesitated to mention 'him'.
Itachi sensed my hesitation. "Ah yes, Sasuke... My foolish little brother. He left on his own, deserted the village and was named a rogue ninja. All for his own illusion". Itachi shook his head, expressionless.