Chapter 11

-Hina-

After we dropped off the captured Eight tail’s Jinchuriki we headed to a small town and got a hotel room. We’ve been here for a couple of days now, still trying to recover from the fight we had with Killer Bee. Juugo and Karin tended to our wounds and confined Sasuke and I to bed. They told us get some rest and recover our strength. Suigetsu regained his form a few hours after we got here but he was unconscious for a whole day. He woke up just this morning and now he’s arguing with Karin as if he did not just get blasted by a tailed beast two days ago.

Sasuke has been asleep since the day before after our wounds were treated. I frowned as I saw all the bandages around his body. He got hurt again, Juugo and Karin were with us and they were able to help him so I’m glad; but if it was just us two, there would have been no way to help him at all. I couldn’t help but be disappointed in myself for not being able to keep up with Killer Bee, for not being able to stop those attacks, and especially for not being strong enough. These feelings were strange to me, I’m not really sure why it’s bothering me so much right now. Before when we would go on missions together, Sasuke would get hurt but it wouldn’t be that big of a deal to me. Now seeing him wrapped up in bandages and unconscious like this, it made my heart clench.

I turned my head towards the door as I sensed a familiar presence. A white haired popped his head out from behind the door, “Oh Hina. You came to check on Sasuke too?” He smirked at me. I nodded my head, “Yeah, I was about to leave”. I walked out and Suigetsu closed the door behind me and fell into step with me.

“What are you going to do right now?” I asked him making small talk to take my thoughts away from the Uchiha that seem to be constantly plaguing my mind lately.

“I was just gonna go the garden and clean my sword. We can’t do anything ‘till Sasuke is better anyways”.

“Do you mind if I join you?”

“Of course not Miss Hina. I would never mind having a pretty girl keeping me company”, he smirked, giving me a small wink.

“I'm not”. I deadpanned. My appearance was always a touchy subject for me, this look was the result of the experiments I went through, I’m not proud of it.
“You may not think so hut I know Sasuke would say otherwise”, his smirked grew even bigger.

I only looked at him with confusion on my face. What does Sasuke have to do with this? He’s never mentioned my appearance because he knows I don’t like it. Besides it wouldn’t matter to him anyways, why would it?

We went outside to the garden and sat down on the porch. I took a seat next Suigetsu, looking at the small fountain that was placed in middle of the patio while Suigetsu began to take out his sword to start cleaning it. The silence was comfortable between us, then I remembered something I’ve been wanting to ask him for a while now.

“Suigetsu why are you following Sasuke?”

He stopped moving, furrowing his eyebrows before answering me, “Well I figured that by following him I’ll be able to reach my own goal. I want to gather all the Seven Ninja Swordsmen blades and create a new set of Ninja Swordsmen. That and although I hate to admit it. If it weren’t for Sasuke, I’d probably still be stuck in that tank.” He sighed, rubbing the back of his head.

I had forgotten that Suigetsu was also a victim of Orochimaru’s experiments. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard footsteps come up from behind us. Suigetsu and I turned to the sound and saw Karin leaning on the doorframe. She was looking down at us with a scowl on her face.

“Do you need anything Karin?”

Suigetsu frown at her as he took a sip from his bottle.
“Yeah. You need to come with me. We need to get some stuff from the markets”. She pointed at me, not giving me a chance to answer and walked away.