Chapter 2

-Hinata-

My head was pounding as if something was just slammed against it. I slowly opened my eyes and groaned in pain. What happened?  Where am I? I sit up trying to move as little as I can because my whole body is in pain. I look around and I see nothing but rocks and walls all around me. There is a dying fire right next to me, a small plate and cup of water and I’m covered with a simple blanket. I try to search my mind trying to remember what happened but then a thought clicked in my head: I don't know what happened and I don't even know who I am. I start to panic, my breathing becoming rapid and shallow.

"So you're finally awake huh?" I hear a deep monotone voice come up from behind me. I jump up to my feet and quickly raise my arms with my palms showing in front of me, 'what kind of pose is this?' I look at it in confusion for a second before looking up at the person who's made his way in front of me.

"Who are you?" I asked in a small voice, I tried not to sound scared but I failed to do so.

I looked at him in confusion, I observed him for a moment. He had pale skin, black eyes that held no emotion in them and black spiky hair. He wore a white shirt that exposed his chest, purple fabric wrapped around his waist and a purple rope that held it all together. He seems familiar, I'm not exactly sure why but I have a feeling deep in my heart that I know him, but I can't remember from where or how.

"Do you remember what happened?"
I shake my head no, still looking down.
"Do you know who you are? Your name?"
I once again shake my head.

"It seems you have lost your memory."
I nod my head. That's what it looks like.
I lift my head to make eye contact with him. "I don't know who I am" He says nothing only looking at me. He seems to be thinking but I can't be sure, his face doesn't reveal anything of what he may be thinking. After what felt like a really long time, he finally opens his mouth,  "Your name is Hina."

Hina? "How do you know that?"

"I don't... but you can't remember who you are and you seem like a 'Hina'." So that was his reasoning, well he was right I did need a name. Hina... somehow it works, I wasn't sure whether it was the fact that I had a name to go by right now or that he gave me a name brought me comfort.

"Sorry to ask but what's your name?" I ask him just now realizing that he never answered me in the beginning. I still have no idea who he is. Once again he pauses to answer me, "Sasuke".

Sasuke. His name seems familiar to me somehow. Actually, everything about him seems familiar to me but I can't really understand why or how. It must be just my imagination, a feeling that wants to give me some comfort and distract me from the fear of not knowing or remembering who I am, who I was.

Suddenly there was a massive throbbing in my head that cut off my thoughts. I felt dizzy and began to collapse, but just right before I hit the floor I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. Sasuke caught me, slowly sitting me back down on the floor and then handed me the cup of water and plate. "Careful not to make any sudden movements, You're still hurt." Sasuke said as he sat down next to me.

I have many questions, I can't remember a single thing but maybe Sasuke can tell me. "Do you know what happened to me?"

He answered me slowly, taking his time on talking, "I found you down the river where you woke up."

I was alone when he found me. what was I doing alone in a place like this?
Sasuke stood up and lifted me up with him, "Let's go back to the hideout. I'll give you a place to stay, but we need to get there before it gets dark"

"The hideout? Is that your home?"
"No I'm only there until I get stronger and have no use for them anymore"
Sasuke explained vaguely. I wonder who 'them' is but I decided not to press him anymore. I have many questions because I can't remember a single thing about my life before my memory loss. However, I feel like I can trust Sasuke, I’m not exactly sure why but it feels like I can and I should. I continued to follow behind him, making sure not to fall behind.