Chapter 16

-Hina-

It's been two weeks since I was brought here to the Leaf Village. Throughout the time living here I have come to learn many things, or more like re-learn many things I have forgotten about. After sparring with Neji, I asked him about the jutsu and the Hyuga clan. Sasuke and Orochimaru told me that they didn't know what my jutsu was and that they had never seen it. So this whole time I would just refer to my eyes as just my eyes, my jutsu was just a jutsu, there was no names for them. He explained how our eyes are called Byakugan and it is a Kekkei Genkai that has been passed throughout the Hyuga clan members.

The Hyuga clan use a special taijutsu called Gentle fist. The gentle fist is a taijutsu that sends chakra to the palm of their hands and target the chakra points, the Byakugan allows the Hyuga to see the chakra points and makes it easy for them to pinpoint the chakra points exactly. The jutsu I have developed over the years is in a way more advanced than the Byakugan and Gentle Fist. My Byakugan is not only able to see the chakra network but also the nervous system and contractions of muscles. The silver aura I give off from my hands is a special chakra that allows me to target the nervous system and shut it down, making the target go numb and lose control. I'm also able to send my chakra flowing through the chakra points of others and clog the chakra network, preventing them from moving and lose control of their chakra. Neji was impressed with the way I handled my jutsu and according to him I had gotten a lot stronger and confident than the last time he saw me.

On that day, I met Ko Hyuga. He was running some errands when he saw me with Neji. The second he saw me he ran towards me enveloping me in a hug. It was one full of warmth and care, something I hadn't felt in a while, it was refreshing. He told me that he was my caretaker for many years and that when he found out the news about me, he was devastated. I couldn't remember him but seeing him with tears and worry in his eyes, I felt guilty for worrying him so much.

The day after our spar, the Hyuga clan leader and his daughter returned. My father and sister. The both of them had about the same reaction as Ko did. My sister, who I later found out was named Hanabi, ran to me, tears quickly filling her eyes. Her hug was also one of warmth, but there was desperation also as if she let go I would disappear again. She cried telling me how much she missed me and how I could be so mean as to leave her alone for so long. I couldn't help but smile at her, I caressed her cheek and told her the only thing I could at the moment: "I'm sorry".

My father, Hiashi Hyuga simply stood a short distance from me. For a long time while I hugged Hanabi, he stared at me. I couldn't read his face, but I could at least tell he was surprised. There was no doubt in my mind that these people were indeed my family, aside from looking exactly the same, I just had a feeling that told me they were family. I was still hugging Hanabi when I looked up to him and with teary eyes and a soft smile and said, "Father, I'm back". The moment those words left my mouth, his calm and collected face collapsed, he rushed to us and wrapped his arms around the both of us. He buried his face into my hair and mumbled a very shaky, "Welcome back". That day we had a dinner with all the Hyuga members to celebrate the return of Hinata Hyuga.

The news of Hinata Hyuga returning soon spread all throughout the village. The following days was filled with people constantly coming to the Hyuga household and being greeted back and given blessings by strangers. It was overwhelming to say the least, not knowing any of these people and having to thank them anyways.

Amongst those days Naruto and Sakura came around with a group of other ninjas our age. The first to jump on me was a huge white dog who licked me non stop until a boy came along to stop him. A pair of boys immediately engulfed me in a hug. A brunette boy with red marks on each side of his face grinned at me while a boy covered head to toe with black glasses nodded at me. They introduced themselves as Kiba and Shino, the dog is named Akamaru, they were my old teammates. I also met Shikamaru, Ino, Choji, Tenten, Lee and Sai. We spent a whole day catching up, that consisted mostly on everyone talking about the memories they had of me and me just listening. It was interesting to hear about everybody's stories and what they knew of me.