Chapter 12

Sasuke and Team Taka were on their way to capture the eight tails once more. Juugo and Karin worked together to pinpoint Killer Bee’s location. They were moving at full speed across a bridge towards where the eight tails was located. Hina and Karin gasped at the same time when they felt someone or more like someone’s coming their way.

Hina activated her eyes and looked toward where she felt the presences coming from. “There’s someone behind us!” Karin alerted her group. The five of them stopped while Hina and Karin concentrated on the incoming shinobi.
“There are three of them and a ninja hound. I think… I think it’s the same ones who were following us before!” Hina said as she looked in the direction of those unknown ninjas.

“Yeah. They all have the same chakra I felt back in the village”. The red head confirmed, her eyes closed in concentration.

“Well then, if they are going to keep following us then we may as well wait for them and get rid of them”, Sasuke said. He had a feeling who it was and he was starting to get irritated that they couldn’t just let him be.

“Sasuke”, Hina walked up to him standing in front of him. “I think they’re the same people from the hideout that you faced, well at least two of them are”.

The Uchiha clicked his tongue in annoyance. “It’s fine. It was inevitable that we would come face to face. You four hide yourselves, I first want to see what they want”. ‘Not that I’ll care what they have to say’. Hina didn’t like the idea of leaving him alone with people she didn’t know but she knew better than to not listen to the Uchiha. She simply nodded, pulling her hood up and following the others who already went to hide themselves with the trees that were surrounding the bridge; being close enough to hear and see Sasuke but far enough to not be seen.

Sasuke stood at the edge of the bridge waiting for the people he knew were coming. He didn’t have to wait long because he could see three figure appearing from the shadows of the trees. A small smirk appeared on his face when the three ninja stood right in front of him. He now stood face to face with his former team; His sensei and two comrades.

“Sasuke! We finally found you!” a blue eyed, blonde boy ran up to the Uchiha, glad to see that after months of following, they were finally able to catch up with him and take him back to the Hidden Leaf village.

“How did you find me?” Sasuke asked with a neutral expression. He ignored his loud mouthed ex teammate, Naruto and turned to the silver haired ninja.

“We were thrown off the trail for a while, but my ninja hounds were able to sniff you out. We also had a starting point. We heard of your capture of the eight tails and we received word he was still alive. We figured you would be on your way to try again” Kakashi answered, giving his former student an eye smile.

“Sasuke we came get bring you back! Let’s go home, yes?” a pink haired girl asked him, putting her hands together in front of her chest, pleading the Uchiha.

“And why would I go back there, Sakura. There is nothing there for me at the village”.

Sakura gave out a small gasp, surprised by his answer and looked away from him.

Naruto growled and narrowed his eyes, “What do you mean? What about your friends? Your family? You are a ninja of the Hidden Leaf!”

“I told you there was nothing for me there. All there is for me is my goal, nothing else matters”. As Sasuke said that, he felt the same feeling of doubt he felt when he was talking to Hina earlier. Sasuke knew that Hina was hearing his every word, he began to wonder what Hina thought of what he was saying. He pushed that feeling away from his mind and heart and focused once more on his goal. ‘Focus on the goal, nothing, no one else matters’.

“Just what kind of goal would lead you to sink so low as to join a criminal organization like the Akatsuki?” Kakashi questioned.

“Yeah Kakashi Sensei’s right Sasuke. You know if you would just talk to us, we could have helped with your goal, just please come back to the village!” Sakura bowed her head. She tried her best in not letting her building tears spill out.

“I want to destroy the Uchiha Clan”. Sasuke announced. A tense silence fell around all of them. Naruto, Kakashi and Sakura couldn’t believe what the Uchiha just said. Naruto was the first one to snap out of the shock and narrowed his eyes, “Are you Crazy? Do you even hear yourself! What makes you think that is a good idea!”

“It doesn’t matter what you think about it, Naruto. Nothing will stop me from completing it”, Sasuke raised his chin, looking down on his former teammate.

“I won’t let you! I’m gonna drag you back to the village and knock some sense into you!” Naruto made a hand sign and a second later two other Naruto’s appeared. All three Narutos ran towards Sasuke. One Naruto threw a kunai at Sasuke which the Uchiha easily dodged. Sasuke dodged and weaved through the three Narutos, destroying both shadow clones and throwing the original a small distance away. Naruto quickly landed on his feet in front of Kakashi and Sakura, who were looking at the Uchiha and Uzumaki fight.

“Sasuke I won’t let you ruin your life by making a mistake like that. You’re coming back to the Hidden Leaf with us”. Naruto looked at his friend with determination in his ocean blue eyes.