Chapter 4

-Sasuke-

I told Hina that we were going somewhere today. She's hardly ever outside the hideout, aside from the missions we are sent on. Lord Orochimaru doesn't allow her outside, its too dangerous; she'll be easily recognized. That's true enough, although her appearance has changed a bit since I found her. I turn to face her;

Long purple hair reaching past her waist with silver strands scattered around her hair. Her once lavender eyes were now a glowing platinum. She no longer hid herself underneath an oversized jacket. She wore a sleeveless purple top that was low cut, a mesh shirt underneath the top, black elbow length gloves. She had a gray robe around her waist, a purple rope holding the robe tied to the side, black shorts and knee length ninja shoes. Her eyes and hair are the result of those 'treatments' that Kabuto has put her through.

"Sasuke? What's wrong?" Hina looks up at me with confusion in her eyes. I look away, realizing that I was staring just now. "We're here." I tell her. I hear her gasp and turn back to her to see her eyes widen with excitement as she looks at the scenery in front of us.

A meadow filled with green, flowers of all different colors grew around the huge lake right in the middle of the field. She takes off her shoes and runs towards the lake, dipping her feet in the water. She turns back at me and smiles wide and bright. I couldn't help but smirk at how childish she looked, getting so excited over this. I sit myself down under a tree nearby the edge of the lake.

I open my eyes to see that the sky darkened to a mixture of orange and purple, the sun was setting; I must have fallen asleep. As I move to get up I'm stopped by a weight on my arm, I look down to see Hina asleep holding onto my arm. I'm tempted to let her sleep a bit more but we need to get going.

"Hina, wake up. It's getting late, Lord Orochimaru will be expecting us soon". Hina stirs from her sleep, rubbing her eyes as she sits up, letting go of my arm. It feels cold as her warmth dissipates. "Sorry, I guess I fell asleep."
"Let's get going". I offer her my hand, lifting her up.

~~*~~

"I hope you enjoyed your day out." Orochimaru said as we entered the hideout. Hina nodded, "Yes we did! Thank you." She bowed.

"Hina you may go to your room. I must speak with young Sasuke." Hina hesitated for a moment but began to leave when I nodded to her. She listens to me and only me, despite Orochimaru thinking that he controls her.

~~*~*~~

-Hina-

Since that day of going to the meadow, I haven't been allowed outside anymore. It's pretty boring being stuck in here day in and day out. Sasuke is out training getting even stronger and I'm in here walking around the halls.

I can't even go with Lord Orochimaru, not that I'm actually wanting to, however when I'm bored I need something to do, but he isn't here. Kabuto is with Orochimaru also, I heard them say they were going to meet someone I think. I'm completely alone right now. As I continued to roam the halls, I heard someone at the entrance.

"Sasuke you're back. How was training?" I greet the raven haired boy. He only grunts in response. I used to be surprised when he did that but now I know it's just his personality and I know that he's tired from training so he's especially moody. "I'll go prepare a bath for you and some food".
"Hn."

I go to the bathroom to fill the tub and prepare towels and a robe for Sasuke. I'm walking down the hall when I sense three chakra signatures, one of which I don't recognize and hear footsteps coming from up ahead, coming in my direction. I quickly hide and move towards the shadows as not to be seen.