Chapter 3

-Two Years later-

The morning was a peaceful one in the Village of Konoha, Izumo and Kotetsu were guarding the front entrance. A blonde boy walked through the entrance, stopping to take in the view of the home he hadn't seen in three years.

"Is that?" Kotetsu asked as the boy walked past them and deeper into the village. "It is him" Izumo replied. "And on her anniversary day no less". The blonde boy ran up a pole to see the village he missed so much. "Man this takes me back!". he said.

"Naruto! Is that you Naruto? When did you get back?"
Said boy looked down to see a pink haired girl with aqua green eyes and a boy with brown hair and a blue scarf looking up at him. "Hey Sakura, just now." Naruto leaped down.

"Wow you've gotten taller".
Naruto looked at himself and then back at Sakura, "Huh, Yeah I guess I have"
"Hey big brother Naruto!" The blonde boy heard his and turned around to the source to bet greeted by a very beautiful naked woman who had clouds covering the important part. "Sexy jutsu~~"

Jaraiya who was with Naruto looked at her with approval in his eyes and blood dripping from his nose. Sakura on the other hand looked at her with shock.
Naruto chuckles, "Konohamaru, I’m not that scrawny kid anymore and you shouldn't use that kind of jutsu anymore, it's beneath you"

'He's gotten more mature' Sakura thought as she smiles at him.

"I mean what it is that! Take a look at my new pervy ninjutsu!" The boy yells at the younger one. Naruto was cut off as a fist connected with his face, sending him several feet away from the group.

Sakura picked up the beaten Naruto and began to shake him aggressively as she yelled at him. Konohamaru, Moegi and Udon gripped Jaraiya as they all looked at the two with fear in their eyes.

After their scene, Naruto, Sakura and Jaraiya headed to the Hokage office. The three of them spoke to Tsunade, finding out that they would need to fight their teacher Kakashi. "So are you two going out?" Naruto asked Shikamaru and Temari who they met at the office and are now walking in town. "What are you kidding? She's just here helping coordinate for the chunnin exams" Shikamaru immediately answered.

"The chunnin exams?"
"Yeah. What are you gonna do? Everybody from our year have already become chunnin".
"W-what really!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Hey is that you Naruto!" The blonde boy was about to ask more questions when he was interrupted by a voice and a bark. He turned to the voice and was greeted with Kiba, Shino, and Akamaru.

"Hey guys! Yea sure is, I just got back!" he replied with a grin on his face.
Naruto noticed sunflowers in each of the boys hands, "Hey what are those for?"

As he asked that question he noticed that there was someone missing from their team. Naruto went around the corner looking for that person, only to find nothing behind it. "What are you doing Naruto?" Shikamaru questioned his odd behavior. "Um, guys where's Hinata?" At  the mention of her name all of their faces fell, a heavy silence spread around them. Naruto noticed this changed, "What's going on?"

"Hinata isn't here" Sakura spoke up, avoiding the boy's eyes.
"Oh then is she on a mission?" He asked still confuse at their reactions.

"No she's not, that's because she never returned from her previous one" Shino spoke. Naruto turned to the bug boy. "She's dead". The news hit him hard and suddenly.

"She's missing Shino! They never found her body remember!" Kiba shouted out.
"That's what the flowers are for. For her. Today is the anniversary of her death." Shino continued to explain, ignoring Kiba's pained outburst.

Naruto looked down at the floor, his fists clenching at his sides. "What happened?"
"She was sent on a mission but she fell off a cliff and when they went to go look for her, they couldn't find the body". Shikamaru explained.
"So then you guys just gave up!" Naruto shouted, his anger threatening to explode.

"No we searched for days. We kept going back expanding our search but we never found anything. Not a single trace." Neji came up from behind the group, explaining to Naruto.

"Neji."
Neji, accompanied by Tenten and Lee; all three were holding sunflowers, on their way to the cemetery. "But after days of searching, there's a point where one has to come to terms with the fact that the Leaf Village lost a strong and kind soul". Naruto couldn't believe that she was gone, it made him furious to know that even though he trained for three years in order to protect his friends, he still wasn't around when they needed him. "All we can do now is move on and live for them".

~~*~*~~

-Hina-

It's been about two years now since Sasuke found me. I still haven't recovered my memory but I moved past wanting to know who I was and became happy with who I am now.  I still have moments when I wonder what kind of person I was but  all I need to do is look at Sasuke and I’m reminded why I don't mind having amnesia.

Over the years, Sasuke worked hard to train me and make me strong. I spent my days training until I couldn't stand anymore, there were many times when I felt like giving up but I had made a promise to Sasuke, that I would help him in his goals. Although I have no idea what they are or exactly who he is for that matter, but he saved me and there is just something about him that makes me want to follow him.

"Hina. It's time for your treatment. Let's go" Kabuto calls out to me from the doorway of my room. I grimace at the thought of having to go through those treatments. I've been doing them since I started living here but even after all this time I can't get used to the pain they leave me in. But I can't deny the results of it.

My body has become stronger, my chakra supply is almost unlimited and my jutsus are incredibly formidable.
I lay down on the examination chair, relaxing and allowing Kabuto to inject me with a substance that will render me unconscious for a while. Kabuto says that it's troublesome if I were to move during the treatment. It used to worry me, not anymore. I feel the substance starting to slowly take effect. I let it take over, making fall into a dream. I've had plenty of dreams while unconscious but this one is different.

I'm standing in the middle of pitch black darkness, I activate my eyes hoping that I’ll be able to see something. I try but to no avail, there is nothing but darkness. I deactivate my eyes, however instead of the black returning, the pitch black has turned into a bright orange. I have to squint my eyes so that the brightness of the color doesn't hurt me.  As I blink, the orange begins to transform; becoming nothing but swirling blurs of colors.

I blink once more and the colors start to create a blurry picture. I can't tell for sure but it looks like a picture of a person or persons. It seems like there’s is more than one, but the thing that stands out the most are the two figures in the middle; one that glows orange and the other that glows blue.

I want to know more about this dream but I feel my eyes begin to slowly open. Kabuto helps me sit up and hands me a glass of water. "How are you?" he asks.
"In pain". I tell him, downing the water as if my life depended in it.

"Do you feel anything other than the pain?"

"No. I'm fine. Can I go now?" I wanted to get out of here; not only because I hated this room but also because Sasuke said that we were going somewhere today. He told me yesterday after our afternoon training and I’ve been anticipating it all morning.

"Yes you may go".

"Goodbye Kabuto".

I walk out the door and am greeted by a bare chest. I look up to see deep onyx eyes and spiky black hair. There stood Sasuke, who was waiting for me outside the room like always, whenever I had to go in for the treatments.

I'm always so glad to see him waiting for me. He may never show any emotions but his actions are enough to tell me that I mean something to him, even if it's just to use me. "Hello Sasuke."

"Hey Hina. Let's go." He starts walking off down the hall.

"Right!"