2~Little detective

The sun came and rised up once more as Kuroba Kaito got out of his bed and started preparing to go to school and met up with his friends early in the morning. They're usualy angry when he's around but today, not so much. Kaito wondered about their strange behavior and was getting kinda worried if he did something wrong.

~Kaito's POV~
"Hey...are you guys ok? Did I do something wrong?" I said with concern.
" Hmmm..? Oh ..no you didn't do anything wrong Kaito." Aoko said with reassurance.

(Then why does something feel off?) I pouted at them and gave them my best puppydog eyes.

" Neh.. why are you guys like this today.. can you please tell me? Don't leave me in the dark here!" I said innocently.

Aoko and Hakuba looked at each other, then looked at me.

" Fine, we'll tell you." Hakuba said plainly.
" We were kinda worried about you Kaito..that's why we didn't want to pester you." Aoko said as she looked at the time.

What. They are worried about ME?
Why???
I didn't know but I was about to find out.

" Well..you were zoning out a lot lately and we thought that you had some problems and-" I cut off Hakuba and made his hair turn to a crimson red.

" Aww, I never thought that you cared about me that much Hakuba~
And besides, I never get sad or troubled for a long time." I said, winking at the pissed off detective.

I better run. Right. Now.

Hakuba started chasing me while Aoko was watching us, laughing hysterically.
I'm glad that I could lighten the mood, after all... if I can't make my friends laugh..what type of magician would I be?

~ Conan's POV ~
" Heh... um h-hello.." I am stuck in this place..why of all places?WHY?!

I was in a very uncomfortable situation.. I'm at Ekido High with Ran and her wild friends are with her right now with Sonoko... unbelievable...
A detective, a short tempered girl with a mop, and a troublesome magician... Ran has very interesting friends...

"Hi there! You must be Conan, I've heard a lot about you from Ran." The girl said cheerfully, she looks a lot like Ran, too much like Ran.

I looked at her with confusion.I was panicking at this point,I've even seen her when she was angry just a moment ago.... I better not say anything unnecessary..

" Oh, sorry I forgot to introduce myself.
My name is Aoko  , but you can call me Ao-nee-san" She said with amusement.

" I'm Hakuba, I'm a detective that helps with the Kid heists." He said as he shot a glare at Kaito.

" And I'm -------------------------------------------"

Huh...?. What's happening?
Why do I feel strange..?
This voice....Is..familiar..

I looked at who's the source of the voice and saw a highschool boy with messy hair and indigo eyes smiling at me. I didn't know what to do... I was captivated by this person, but why?
He smiled once more and gave me a red rose that magically appeared from his hands.

"For you, accept it as a gift." He said while doves started flying out of the boy's vest.

I took the rose and stood in awe as the magician showed more tricks to me, even though it was easy to figure out how he pulled them off. After he was finished, he looked back at me with joy.

" So, was my performance amazing?" The boy asked curiously.
" It's good, but you need to work on hiding the strings more." I said as I pointed at the taped strings.

The magician was impressed that I figured out one of his complicated tricks and applauded me.

" Impressive, you have sharp eyes." He said with glee.

( He is a troublesome person.... but he isn't that bad.)
I smiled and continued watching the magician do his tricks, this time on his friends.

He turned Hakuba's hair color to green and made Aoko's uniform into a maid outfit.
Ran and Sonoko helplessly watched as the two were chasing the magician while I just laughed at what I just witnessed.
After hanging out with them for a few more hours, we finally said our goodbyes and went on our way home. I was still curious as to how Ran met such people but what I was more curious about is her magician friend.

" Neh Ran nee-chan, what was the magician's name?" I asked her while looking at the red rose that the boy gave.

" Oh, you didn't hear him introduce himself?" Ran said as I nodded to her question.
" His name is Kuroba Kaito, he was the son of a famous magician when I was still a child." She said as she looks back at her past.

( Kuroba Kaito... I feel like I've seen him somewhere..someone that I'm familiar with..
Why do I even care about this? Come on Shinichi, think straight!)
I mentally slapped myself as we continued walking home.

Hopefully, i have time to research more about the origins of Kaito KID and the Black organization... I might get some information that will help me be prepared if something bad happens... for now I'll stay low and wait for Haibara to finish the antidote.

~Kaito's POV~
( Omg, I can't believe I actually met metantei-kun today as Kuroba Kaito! And I actually made him smile for once! Well... it wasn't really a smile but a grin..but still!)
I couldn't help but smile as I saw metantei-kun a second time, since I did put my signature Kaito Kid card in tantei's classroom.
Oh... I hope he shows up on my next heist!
He will come, no doubt about it.

" Ohhhhh..I just can't wait! It will be even more interesting than the last one!"
I looked up in the sky with my fist in the air, ready for the challenging day that will come sooner than anyone expected.

( I'll show everyone a spectacular performance from the one and only Kaito Kid!)