35~Warning

Shinichi gazed at the clock intently as he tapped his foot furiously while trying to remember the message the peculiar note contained that was discovered by him at the abandoned building, near a small crack only suitable for one person to go through.

The detective wiped his sweat from his brow as he continued to anxiously wait for the right time to talk to Haibara about the situation that they are in.

A message popped out of his phone as he sighed with relief that the magician was still able to contact him.

Shinichi fiddled with his fingers as he thought of a reply to send to Kaito.

-----Hey Kaito, I'm fine. I just needed to rest..that's all.-----

-----Oh, okay. I was just worried about you...since I've heard from Hakuba and Hattori that you looked pale after your investigation..-----

The high school detective softly smiled as he thought to himself that he should talk with him later with Haibara.

-----Hey...can you come here later? I need to talk to you about something with a friend of mine.-----

-----Sure, I'll be there. I'll go there at the usual time...alright, see you later!-----

Shinichi sighed deeply while laying down on the couch as he worried about the well-being of his close loved ones...he couldn't bare to see them worry and suffer at the hands of the organization.

" It would be too risky to let them know that the high school detective, Kudo Shinichi...is still alive." He muttered to himself with disdain.

He groaned weakly as the detective decided to become Edogawa Conan once more and slowly took off his clothes as he took a deep breath.

In an instant, he felt his entire body go limp as he slowly felt his chest throb in pain...and his mind going blank with his vision slowly becoming blurry.

He let out a piercing scream as he slowly tried to control his breathing.

A few minutes had passed as the shrunken detective adjusted to his surroundings and skipped his way to his room and changed into his smaller attire as Conan.

~Conan's POV~

( I thought I got used to this process of changing my forms already...but I guess not.)

I searched for my glasses before I stealthily looked out of my house and slowly locked the front entrance as I went back to the library room, waiting for the magician to arrive and hopefully not cause a scene.

( You better come here sooner....before it's too late for me to warn all of you..)

A few hours had passed while I frequently looked at the window and checked my phone for incoming messages that I might have missed.

I anxiously paced back and forth as I slowly became more impatient as time passed by.

" Hello there, metantei-kun. Did I make you wait too long?" The magician said playfully while sitting comfortably at the window.

I rolled my eyes as I gestured Kaito to come closer.

He knelt down towards me as I softly whispered in his ears.

" We have to talk somewhere else...I'll explain everything later..."

Kaito simply nodded as I dragged him to Professor Agasa's place and was immediately greeted by the shrunken scientist.

" Come inside." She ordered blandly as we followed her inside.

We both sat on our chairs as Professor Agasa served some snacks for us to eat.

" You said you wanted to talk about something. What is it about?" Haibara asked with her usual deadpan expression.

" It's about what I-well...we found out about the organization." I replied as she raised an eyebrow.

" With your boyfriend?" She said bluntly as we both blushed.

" Y-yeah and I found something interesting near the place I've been investigating with two other detectives." I replied sheepishly.

" We found out that the organization wanted to have Pandora, fortunately they didn't have enough time to take it." Kaito mentioned to the shrunken scientist.

" Yes, I've heard that they were planning something with Pandora in mind. Unfortunately, that's all I know before I made my escape from the organization." Haibara explained as a question popped out of my head.

" Haibara, what were they planning to do with Pandora initially?" I asked her seriously as I waited for a respond.

" Pandora has a special ability that many people wanted to take for themselves. It would benefit anyone with its so called *magical abilities*, which the organization has confirmed to be true." She said blandly as she tried to recall more information about the jewel.

I soaked in all the information before I noticed Kaito with a grim expression on his face.

I looked at him worriedly before Haibara started to speak once more.

" You seem to be aware of its abilities, are you not?" She asked seriously as she shot a glance at the magician.

" Yes....I am aware what..that jewel can do...My father told me a lot about it." He replied with hesitation.

" I've heard a lot about your father from the organization. Don't worry...I won't bring up what had happened to him, you'll just have to open up that subject when you're more comfortable to talk about it." The shrunken scientist reassured to the uneasy magician.

I took a deep breath as I prepared myself to tell them about the message that was in the abandoned building.

" About the investigation we had...I found out a message written on a piece of paper hidden between the tiles of the floor and...I think the organization knows that Pandora was taken by someone who is associated with them a long time ago or who knows their existence." I said clearly as I saw both their expressions change to curiousity and worry.

" Do they know our whereabouts or identities?" Haibara asked as she frantically looked around the place with caution.

" No, they haven't yet." I looked at them as they both nodded to each other.

" But why would a message be written and hidden in a place like that? You don't think it could be a trap to lure us, right?" The magician asked with uncertainty.

" It is possible but they won't be able to harm us or cause any troubles immediately, that's why I wanted to talk to the two of you today." I replied to Kaito as I adjusted my glasses.

" We'll talk about this again tomorrow. I think I should keep Pandora with me for now...since it would be more dangerous if you keep carrying it around, Kuroba-kun." Haibara suggested as we both agreed with her.

After we talked about our plans, Kaito and I headed back to our own homes as we both said good-bye to one another and cautiously continued to stay hidden and away from any trouble that could give the organization any ideas about our location and identities as a whole.

( Pandora...and magical abilities..I wonder..)