26~Vermouth

The detective lazily sat himself up his bed as he thought about the heist and what a horrendous sight he has encountered from it. 

It remained ingrained in Shinichi's mind....what he saw that day.. 

A sight that has never failed to send shivers up his spine and gave him nightmarish visions of what is to come. 

The evil aura he felt at the time...a feeling that he was being watched. 

The room around him began to gray out as the detective's expression darkened. 

~ Shinichi's POV ~ 

( I know they saw me.....it's really unnerving to think about it..) 

I looked around the room laggardly with weariness as I got up and attempted to recollect my thoughts and stay calm. 

" What's my next move now..?" I muttered to myself, unable to lighten up my own mood. 

( --------Because you're important to me....----------) 

" W-wait, what am I even thinking right now..." 

I sighed before I heard the worn out sound of the doorbell ringing outside the front door. 

I went downstairs and opened the door before my eyes widened with fear as I froze up in place. 

" We meet again, Silver Bullet." A voice said full of cold and hollow emptiness to it that gave an atmosphere of uneasiness. 

I stared at the familiar figure, it's voice and mannerism was all too familiar...yet it was something that isn't welcoming or comforting to be around with. 

" Vermouth." I firmly said as I lowered my head. 

The woman smiled unearthly as I felt her gaze pierce through my entire being. Her eyes scanning every movement that I make. 

" Oh, no need to worry. I won't expose your whereabouts to anyone." She said as she let herself in and shut the door tightly. 

" I came here out of my own accord." She continued while I stood my ground and looked at her with disbelief. 

" Then, what is it that you want?" I questioned the well-figured woman with a troubled expression on my face. 

" I just came here to give you...a helping hand." She mentioned as I saw an eerie smile creep on her proportioned face. 

( A " helping hand". What is she up to...?) 

" A certain acquaintance of mine informed me that there is a very interesting thief clad in white being investigated by Gin and Vodka. I suggest that you might want to look into that, since it might be a certain someone that you know...." Vermouth whispered softly as I felt my heart sink from my chest. 

" What do they know about the thief anyway?" I asked her once more while I steadied my gaze at her. 

She simply chuckled as she looked at the window without a word. 

" You already know what they will do to your little friend if they catch him...right?" 

She looked back at me as she slowly opened the front door. 

" I'll take my leave now. It would be bothersome if I am found out by those people." Vermouth said with a calm and collected look on her face as she tapped her foot. 

" Why are you helping me...?" I looked at her with uncertainty and suspicion. 

She looked back at me with an indescribable smirk as she stepped outside. 

" I just want the fun to last a little longer. It would be disappointing if this little game you played ended too soon. "  

And with that she left and closed the door with only her light footsteps being heard as she slowly faded away in the distance. 

( That was...a very interesting conversation..but unsettling nonetheless.) 

I sluggishly went to the library room as I felt my body go limp while I sat on the comfy couch. 

I gazed up at the ceiling as I thought about Vermouth's words and suddenly became worried about the magician's well-being. 

~ Kaito's POV ~ 

I decided to visit Shinichi's place as I walked pass a woman dressed in all black with a long golden hair resting on her shoulders. 

( Huh. She doesn't look like from around this place.) 

I hastily went inside Shinichi's house as I saw him laying down on the couch. 

I slowly approached him before I noticed a troubled expression on his face. 

" Hey Shinichi, are you ok?" I asked him with uneasiness as I put a hand on his shoulder. 

The detective jolted as he stared at me with a stunned expression on his face. He nodded slightly while I sat on the couch with him. 

" S-sorry, I didn't notice you coming in..." He stuttered as he moved away from me with a nervous smile. 

"Are you still angry about what I did the last time we talked to each other?" I questioned the detective with a sad smile as I picked up a dusty book scattered on the floor. 

" Yes, yes I am you fucking idiot. I can't believe you just did that without any warning..." He huffed at me as he crossed his arms together. 

" Then...if I told you that I was gonna kiss you...wouldn't you resist it and push me away?" I spoke softly while I move closer to Shinichi. 

He looked at me with uncertainty as he sighed deeply. 

" I-I already told you that you make me feel strange...a-and that you make me happy s-so..I didn't really despise having any feelings with another person with the opposite or same sex...I-it's just that I didn't know how to tell you that I like you and then you said that you l-like me and th-th-en you k-kissed me..." Shinichi explained nervously as his face turned into a deep red color. 

I slowly hugged him tightly as I felt his warmth enveloping me with comfort and serenity that I never felt when I was away from the high school detective. 

" So in short, you like me back as well." I chuckled as I looked at him straight in the eyes. 

" Then...will you let me kiss you again?" I asked him in a regardful manner as I waited for a response. 

He sheepishly nodded as I leaned closer to him and softly kissed him on the lips. 

He slightly trembled as I deepened the kiss before I rested my head on his shoulder. 

" I love you, Shinichi. I will always be here by your side..until my very last breath." 

I felt my heart skip a beat as I saw the detective smile, beaming with happiness as we cuddled together to keep ourselves warm and comfy the rest of the day.