8~An Odd Coincidence

It was a cold and rainy day as Kaito did his usual morning routine. He hasn't talked a lot to Aoko and Hakuba nowadays. As the days went by he has become more distant to them, maybe because he was just thinking about the message that was sent to him. He groaned as he patiently waited for the bell to dismiss them.
The bell finally rang as Kaito hastily packed his things when suddenly he was stopped by Aoko and Hakuba.

~ Kaito's POV~
( Tsk. What do they want now?)
I stared at Aoko and Hakuba as I gave them an annoyed look.

" Do you guys need anything from me?" I asked with a serious expression on my face.

They both looked at each other, then looked back at me.

" You already know why we're here, Kaito." Hakuba spatted out.

" Oh, whatever do you mean?" I asked jokingly.

" Kaito, now is not the time to play dumb and joke around!" Aoko yelled back.

I covered my ears as Hakuba attempted to calm Aoko down.

" As I was saying, you already know what we want to talk about." He sighed as he looked back at Aoko.

" Are you guys still worried about me? Seriously?" I stared at them with wide eyes.

" Ugghh...Yes." They said in unison.

( Wow. I didn't know they were THIS worried about me...)

I am really lucky to have friends like them...even though they probably had enough of my antics, maybe I should put a show just for them some time...

I smiled at them and gave them a big hug as I proceeded to walk towards the door.

" You guys don't have to worry about me...I'll be fine. Just trust me ok? I said as I continued to walk out of the classroom, leaving two of my friends speechless and relieved.
I left the school campus full of joy and positivity as the rain slowly stopped and was replaced with the warmth and light of the radiant sun.

I looked up at the sky with satisfaction.
I felt my worries slowly melting away as I remembered the fun times I had with my friends and the shows that I performed, especially the heists that I setted up.

I continued walking down the street when suddenly I accidentally bumped into someone as I fell down on my feet.
I groaned as a hand was held out towards me. I looked up to see a boy at my age in a Teitan High uniform with azured-colored eyes gazing directly at me with an apologetic expression on his face.

" I-I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings..." He said as he helped me stand up on my feet.

I froze for a second before I realized something...
( T-tantei-kun!!??)

My face heated up while I internally panicked.

( Crap. What do I do!?)
I tried to stay composed while I mustered all of my strength to even say a word to the confused highschool detective.

" I-I apologize...I wasn't paying attention either.." I stuttered as I scratched my head.

The detective looked at me with a smile as he examined me from head to toe.

" Hey, are you a student from Ekido High?" He asked with curiousity.

" H-huh, oh....um..yes, yes I am."
( Oh my god Kaito, stay cool. Pokerface.POKERFACE!)

I looked at him once more and took a glance at his ID.

" Wait. Are you THE Kudo Shinichi!?" I exclaimed with wide eyes.

" U-umm..Yes, that's me.." He replied shyly.

" Oh my god! It is such an honor to finally meet you! Oh, my name is Kuroba Kaito." I said as I shook his hand.

" It is nice to meet you too, Kuroba-kun."

" No need to be so formal, just call me Kaito." I said cheerfully.

" Oh..ok." He said as we started walking together.

" You participated with the Kid heists as well, right?" I asked with enthusiasm.

" Yes, but I only I only participate with the Kid heists when I have the time from all the cases that I always stumble upon." He sighed as he looked at the various shops and cafes.

I watched him with fascination as he examined every single thing and detail just by taking a glance.

" Hey, are you looking for a cafe near your place?" I asked as I look at a nearby magic shop.

" Mmm...yeah, somewhere near this place." He replied while looking at a nearby alleyway with a serious expression on his face.

" What's wrong?" I looked at him worriedly.

" It's nothing."

We proceeded to visit the different cafes before I remembered that I had a show to perform today.

" Aww, crap." I said as I frantically checked the time on my watch.

" Is there something wrong?" The detective asked me with concern.

" There's nothing wrong...the thing that is wrong is that I forgot that I'm going to perform at the cafe today!" I groaned then proceeded to go to the nearby magic shop while the highschool detective waited outside.

I rushed through the different sections of the shop with ease, thanks to all the heists and performances I made, then bought all the things that I would need for my performance. I exited the shop to see the detective sitting on a nearby bench.

" Sorry for making you wait." I said while I tried to catch my breath.

" It's ok. Do you mind if you can take me to the cafe where you're going to perform?" He asked with enthusiasm.

" No, not at all. I'd be happy to introduce you to the staff members of the cafe." I replied with a smile on my face.

" You have friends that are working at that cafe?"

" Not really my friends, they're my mother's old friends." I said as we went to the cafe.

" Here we are, The Cafe." I presented to him with pride and joy.

He suddenly bursted out laughing as he tried to cover his mouth and contain his laughter.
I was stunned at the sight of the detective laughing...
It was the first time I ever seen the Great Detective of the East laugh.

" Hey! What's so funny?" I asked with both a confused and annoyed look.

" Oh nothing. I just didn't expect the name name of the cafe as " The Cafe"." He said, still covering his mouth.

I smiled back at him as I walked towards the entrance of the cafe.

" Well then, come in. I'll perform a spectacular show just for you, Oh great detective."

We both laughed as we entered the entrance of the cafe, happy and enjoying each other's company.