24~Caring

Kaito looked after Shinichi as he walked around the place and looked outside the window. 

It was the day after the clock tower heist and when Shinichi was shot, the public went wild when they heard the news about the moonlight thief being shot and protecting an innocent civilian which made him gain more supporters that believes that he is a good and noble person. 

Kaito sighed at this discovery as he continued to look at the unconscious detective with eyes filled with worry. 

~Kaito's POV~ 

(Shinichi...why do you always make me worry.) 

I clenched my fist as I suddenly saw Shinichi open his eyes slowly. 

" Shinichi! You're awake....that's good." I cried out with relief as I wrapped my arms around him. 

" Promise me......that you will never do that again....okay?" I said weakly as I tried to stop my tears. 

The detective looked at me with his azure-colored eyes as he slowly put a hand on my cheek. 

" I promise....I'm really sorry." Shinichi apologized with tenderness and sincerity. 

I smiled softly as I let go of him and sat beside the detective silently. 

I gazed at him as I noticed an odd behavior from the high school detective.

" Shinichi....are you okay? Your face is red and you seem to be....tired." I said weakly as I checked his temperature. 

(Oh no, he has a fever.) 

" I guess it must be from the rain yesterday. Just look at yourself....you were wounded badly and now you have a fever." I mentioned to him as I tried my best to prevent his fever from getting worse. 

" I'm...sorry for making you worry and for making you do all this stuff for me..."  

He lowered his head as he composed himself and made himself more comfortable. 

" It's okay. I don't mind doing all this type of stuff for you...and that's because you are important to me."  

I smiled at him as he hastily averted his eyes and huffed at me. 

" Geez...now I can't stay up late today." Shinichi muttered to himself. 

" Yep, that is right and no coffee for you tantei-san." I chirped with amusement as I nodded to myself. 

" Screw you, you damn thief!" He spatted out as he wrapped a blanket around him. 

(You are so adorable even when you are sick.) 

" You have no say in the matter, it's for your own good." I stated while grinning. 

" I know...I have to just deal with it." Shinichi said with a frown. 

We spent the rest of the day watching television and playing some games before I bought some food and that can help regain Shinichi's strength and also help him recover from his fever. 

" Here, eat up." I said as I gave a bowl of noodles and soup that I cooked up. 

" Thanks." He said with gratitude as he took the bowl of noodles and started eating. 

" H-hey...if you don't mind..can I do this kind of stuff more often?" I asked Shinichi shyly as I tried to hide my embarrassment. 

The detective looked at me with confusion as he continued to eat his food. 

" You mean taking care of me?" He asked with an innocent expression on his face. 

"Y-yes." 

He chuckled and moved closer as he handed out the bowl of soup towards me. 

" Just as long if you agree that I can take care of you as well." He mentioned softly as we both enjoyed our meal and the rest of the remaining time of the day.