10~A Pensive Thief

Shinichi woke up in a bad mood ever since he realized the moonlight thief sneaked into his house last night when he was sleeping. He would have appreciated if he just woke him up and told him about the riddle than bring him to his bed.
He gritted his teeth as he thought of different ways to punish the thief the next time he saw him.

~ Shinichi's POV~
I silently looked at the riddle again as I refilled my cup of coffee and sat on the couch with furrowed eyebrows.

( The riddle..." game of cat and mouse.")

I stared at the window then looked at the clothes I wore as Conan.

" ....I think you should try to be more open with this "Kuroba" friend that you have...."

I stood up as I remembered Haibara's words.

( But...what if he isn't Kid? After all, I don't have enough evidence...except for..)

I shook my head as I went to Professor Agasa's place.
I saw Haibara and Agasa near the gate.

" We were expecting you, Kudo." Haibara said seriously.

" Why are you two out here? Why were you expecting me to come here?" I asked in confusion as I looked at Agasa's face filled with concern.

" Kid just sent a card. It was in the mail box." Haibara said as she took the card from her lab coat.

I looked at the card, then took it from Haibara's hand.

The full moon will appear once again,

All predators that will attempt to catch me shall stay away,

The mouse will soon be in pain

Caught by a mouse trap and eventually will be forced to obey.

                                                                                                   - Kaito Kid

( This.....is not good. Don't tell me....he..)

My body felt numb as I felt my chest burn and ache.

( Oh no...I'm turning back to Co..na..)
And with my last thoughts, I fell unconcious.

~ Conan's POV~
I slowly opened my eyes and saw myself on a bed with Haibara and Professor Agasa sitting beside me. I sat up on the bed as I looked at the mirror to see a child staring right back at me....I am back to being Conan again...

" It would seem that your body couldn't stay in your normal form for much longer." Haibara muttered.

" How long can I stay in one form?" I asked lazily.

" Approximately 3 days." She replied hastily while looking at Agasa.

" By the way Shinichi, Ran and Sonoko will be here soon." Agasa said while looking at his watch.

( Perfect timing..I wonder if they came to visit my house as well..)

" Are they going to my house as well? I asked seriously.

" Most likely, especially when you guys don't have any school work..after all we are talking about Ran here.." Haibara replied plainly.

" You don't have to worry Shinichi. We already planned as excuse as to your sudden disappearance." Agasa reassured me with a smile.

I looked at them and nodded as I took my glasses and shoes, then rushed to the living room and took the card that Kid sent.

( Is he planning another heist?  Why did he send the card to Professor Agasa's house and not to my house?)
I groaned as I furiously tapped my fingers on the table.

( Does he know that I'm Conan?)

" What's wrong? You seem troubled with something."
I turned around to see Haibara looking over my shoulder.

I opened my mouth but hesitated as I stared at her seriously.

" Haibara, I want you to help me with something..."

" What is it?"

" It is a risky idea but I have to do it in order to make it easier for me and Kaito Kid to stay out of the organization..."

" Intersting....alright, I'm all ears."

I explained my plan to Haibara as Professor Agasa joined in and they finally agreed with my plan with the preparations being planned by Haibara as she hastily shut herself in her lab.

" Well, I should wait for Ran and Sonoko outside. Do you want to come and join me?" Agasa asked as he opened the door.

" Sure, why not..." I replied with zero amusement whatsoever.

We waited for them for a few minutes before they showed up at the gate with Professor Agasa greeting them.

" Oh, there's the brat with glasses Ran." Sonoko said casually with her usual care free attitude.

( Do you always have to call me that evertime we meet each other?)

" Conan-kun I was so worried about you. You didn't even call if you were ok.." Ran said with concern as she knelt down beside me.

" S-sorry Ran nee-san....I had too much fun trying out Professor Agasa's inventions." I reassured her with my innocent eyes. Yeah right, it was just a trick that my mom taught me when acting.

Ran smiled as we went inside and chatted in the living room.

" Professor Agasa, where is Haibara-chan?" Ran asked as Sonoko looked at the door of Haibara's "Secret Laboratory".

" She is busy with playing scientist in her room." He replied as he winked and nudged me.

( Ha..ha....very funny joke professor..)

" Oh, I see. I'm sure Haibara-chan will be a great scientist when she grows up." Ran said with confidence.

( Oh yeah, she will be a great scientist. I mean, she literally made a drug that was supposed to be a poison but shrunk you instead.)
I thought as I mentally laughed hysterically at what Ran said.

" Is Shinichi home?" Ran asked with concern.

" No, he said he had to leave and continue the case that he has been investigating on for a long time now." Agasa replied as Haibara entered the living room.

" Okay, if he comes back...just tell him to take good care of himself."

" Don't worry, I will tell him." Agasa said as Sonoko comforted Ran.

A few hours had passed as Ran and Sonoko left.
I decided to go back home even though it might be risky since I'm back to being Conan...but the plan must go on..no matter what.

( I hope that Kid will come tonight...or else..this might be the last time I'll be hearing from him...)