39~Pandora's Light

The bright red color covered his vision entirely, hindering him useless to escape and call for help. Yet its energy is warm and comforting.....making anyone slowly drift off into a deep and carefree slumber.... 

~ Kaito's POV ~ 

I help check around the place as Mouri-san asked the people what happened before they discovered the dead body. 

After looking around the place, I noticed an alleyway near the location of the victim. 

The high school detective was laying down near a trash bin, remaining motionless with no clothing to protect him from the harsh weather. 

I rushed to his side as I hurriedly rummaged around my bag and found some spare clothes I have just in case I had to disguise myself. 

( It's a good thing I have this with me all the time. ) 

I slowly put on some clothes on Shinichi as I went to Professor Agasa to take care of the detective before I rushed back to Mouri-san and Ran-chan. 

"Umm...Kuroba-kun, where is Conan? " Ran asked with uncertainty and worry. 

( Oh crap, what should I say? ) 

" U-umm..Conan-kun wanted to stay at Professor Agasa's house for a while..and he was very demanding about it." I said as I tried to make it as believable as possible. 

" Okay then, I'll visit him later and-"  

" Oh, that isn't necessary since he said to me that he wanted to play with Haibara-chan all day long..." I cut her off as I casually looked around the place. 

" Um, o-okay then..." She said quietly as she worriedly stared at the people and police cars crowded near the dead body. 

A few hours had passed as I decided to leave and stop by at Professor Agasa's home. 

He greeted me with enthusiasm as I went inside and immediately saw the shrunken scientist friend of Shinichi. 

" So you came." She mentioned blandly as she crossed her arms. 

" How is he?" I asked anxiously to the scientist. 

" He's still sleeping..." She replied as she lowered her head. 

" Hey..something happened to Pandora earlier..." She continued with a worrisome expression on her face. 

" What happened to it?" I asked grimly. 

" It just glowed brightly all of a sudden when I was working." She replied plainly, gesturing me to follow her to the lab. 

I saw Pandora inside a small case that was carefully locked. 

" When did it happen?" I asked as I focused my gaze at the ominous jewel. 

" It happened at 4 in the afternoon." 

( That's the same time when we discovered a dead body near the pavement ....and when Shinichi was unconscious near an alleyway....) 

I silently nodded as I went my way to the room where the high school detective was resting, still sleeping soundly and motionless. 

I softly smiled as I thought about the events that occured recently. 

Shinichi groaned as he slowly opened his eyes and greeted me with a weak smile. 

" Were you watching over me for a long time?" He asked as he slowly sat up. 

" No, not that long....Anyways, how are you feeling?" I asked him with a worried expression on my face. 

" I'm a bit dizzy...but I'll manage." He reassured me as Haibara entered the room. 

" Did I interrupt you two love birds?" She said sarcastically as I chuckled at the flustered detective. 

She gave both of us some snacks and beverages as we spent our time together discussing about what happened to Pandora. 

" Why were you exactly unconscious on the floor....near an alleyway?" The shrunken scientist asked with a raised eyebrow. 

Shinichi lowered his head, feeling a sense of uneasiness from the question. 

" I saw Gin and Vodka...and before I passed out....I placed a tracker on them." The detective answered as he rubbed his forehead. 

Both of us were surprised by the bold and reckless move that Shinichi made as we both looked at each other. 

" That gives us an advantage until they find out about the tracker. We have to take them out and capture them before that happens and find their location." The detective continued as the three of us decided to tell this new information to the two FBI Agents. 

They wasted no time assisting us with the information about the Black Organization's location and quickly planned out our strategy to take them down with out them knowing. 

After a few tireless hours, we rested ourselves as I bit my farewell to Shinichi and Haibara and went home. 

~ Shinichi's POV ~ 

After helping out with the planning, I went to my house and felt exhausted.  

Ever since the time I collapsed near the alleyway, I always hear voices constantly calling my name.... 

I see red flashes whenever I close my eyes. 

I feel light headed and distracted by everything.... 

I visited Professor Agasa's home before I left...yet I can't help but feel drawn towards that jewel. 

( What did happen to me?) 

" What did you do, Pandora......?" I muttered to myself as the voices continued to echo inside my head.