9~A Detective's Advise

Shinichi and Kaito had a fun time together at the cafe. They talked a lot about their interests and their odd and funny experiences with friends and classmates.
Shinichi enjoyed talking to Kaito, he felt energized whenever he talked to the magician.
Who would've thought he would enjoy to hang out with a person like Kaito.

~ Shinichi's POV~
I listened to Kaito eagerly as he told me a story about how he got into liking doves and the experiences he had with them.

" It was hard to take care of them the first time around..." He said as he petted one of his doves.

" To be honest, they are a pain to deal with all the time." He continued.

" I can imagine." I sighed as I thought about it.

" What about you?" He asked abruptly.

" Hmm?"

" I mean, what about your experience with animals?" He asked again.

I crossed my arms as I tried to remember the pets that I had as a child but to no avail.

" I never had a pet when I was young, even now.." I replied while shaking my head.

The dove-loving magician looked at me with wide eyes.

" You never had a pet before..like EVER!!???" He shouted, which directed a lot of attention towards him.

" Umm...Kaito.." I said meekly as I gestured him to calm down.

" O-oh, sorry." He apologized as he realized there are people staring at him.

( I never really thought he was that reactive.)

" So..what did you do when you don't have any pets to play with?" He asked as he gazed at me.

" I usually just stay inside the house.." I replied with uncertainty.

Kaito looked at me with concern in his eyes then looked down on the table.

I felt odd at the sight of the magician filled with concern....it was a very different feeling..but what is it?

" B-but I didn't really have a boring day at all when I was a child...since my parents are always there for me." I said as I tried to lighten up the mood.

" I see..that's good." He said with a smile.

I felt relieved that he cheered up a little bit.

" Hey...."

" Hmm?" I looked at Kaito intently.

" I was wondering if you can help me with something..." He said while playing around with a deck of cards.

" What is it?" I asked curiously.

" I want you to help me with a trick that I just made up today." He replied in a soft tone.

( Help him with a trick..? Why me?)

I stared at his indigo eyes before resting my face with my hand.

" Why do you want me to help you with a trick? I'm not a magician.." I stated as I looked at Kaito.

" That's what makes it better." He said with enthusiasm.

" What."

" Since you're not a magician, that means I would be able to make a magic trick that is from your perspective, a detective's perspective." He explained with a cheeky grin.

" I see...then if that's the case, I will gladly help you." I said plainly as the magician jumped with joy.

We left the cafe and went to his place to show me some of the tricks he created.
I helped him with refining them and adding some minor adjustments.

After a few hours helping him with his tricks, I decided to go home and I said goodbye to Kaito.
I looked back at him smiling and waving back at me as I went on my way.

~ Kaito's POV~
I put on my smile and waved at the detective until he was out of sight.
I slowly lowered my hand as I sighed and took a piece of paper from my pocket.

( It's another note from THEM...)

I opened the paper slowly and read it.

The Grim Colored Crow will come and hunt you,

A day where doves are suitable to be in,

The moonlit night will cast upon you,

So this game of cat and mouse shall begin.

I gritted my teeth as I went back into my house and hid the piece of paper near my desk.

( What do I do? Should I tell this to tantei-kun?)

I paced back and forth as I thought about it.

" I should probably tell him...I don't want him to get involved but.."

I stood still for a while before I took my white suite, hat and a copy of the riddle then went to the residence of Kudo Shinichi.
I jumped out and soared through the sky with my paraglider and maneuvered through all the buildings and trees until I reached my destination.

I quietly opened the window and went inside, hiding myself in the darkness then proceeded to go to the library section of the house and saw a figure sitting on a couch.
I slowly approached the detective, trying my best not to startle him.

I got near him and was about to open my mouth but realized that the highschool detective was sleeping.
I was stunned at the sight of the sleeping detective.

( He looks so cute when he's asleep.)

I softly chuckled as I put the riddle between the pages of the book that the detective was holding while he was asleep.

" A couch is not the proper place for you to sleep in tantei-kun." I muttered under my breath.

I carefully carried him to his room as I gazed at him one last time, then left his house.

" Sweet dreams, tantei-kun."

~ Shinichi's POV~
I slowly opened my eyes as I looked at the time.

( Gee..z..4 in the..m.orning..)

I looked at my surroundings to see myself on my bed.

" Wait...was I sleeping here?" I sighed, scratching my messy head.

I proceeded to go to the library section and saw a note near the table.
I took the note and read it.

I was about to tell you that there was another message for me,
But I found out that you were sleeping...
Don't worry the riddle is in between the pages of the book you were reading last night.
We shall meet again.

                                                                                                                                         - Kaito Kid

I took the piece of paper from the book and solved the riddle with ease.
I grinned then proceeded to make myself some coffee before I realized something.....

" S-so if I was reading...that means I would've fallen asleep on the couch...but I was on my bed..."
I looked down on my coffee with wide eyes.

" That damn thief better explain what he did to me last night!"

I shouted out as the beautiful morning shined upon me.