13~Melancholic Memories

Conan and Kaito had been hanging out every week which made them improve the plan that they were preparing for quite some time. It also made them more interested with one another such as their normal lives and they talked about their friends, hobbies and other interests that they have which made them very close to one another.
They meet each other so often to the point that Ran basically gave Kaito the responsibility of taking care of Conan.

~ Conan's POV~
I was sitting on the couch reading and making some breakfast for myself when someone ringed the doorbell of my house. I quickly stood up and opened the massive door with all my might as I looked at the window.
I finally opened the door with the help of a stool and saw the mischeivous magician smiling from ear to ear.

" Good morning, Conan-kun." He said happilly.

" Good morning." I replied in a monotoned voice.

The magician looked at me with a frown as he let himself in the house and closed the door.

" Geez, lighten up a little bit Shinichi." Kaito said while pouting.

( I literally just finished up the whole plan this morning....without any ...sleep.)

I huffed at the magician as I continued preparing some food for myself.
He looked at me curiously before he sat beside me on the couch.

" So..this is where you eat?" He asked casually.

" hHMmm...yeah." I replied while munching on my sandwich.

He chuckled and took out a tea set and a table with a single piece of cloth and looked at me with a grin.

" Remember, breakfast is very important which means the food must be exceptional." He stated with confidence.

He poured some tea for me as he pulled out a box of chocolates from his vest.

" If you are gonna take out more things from your vest, you better clean up all the mess after you finished eating." I said plainly, unamused by his tricks.

" Yes, yes I will. Don't worry about a thing." He mentioned in a care free tone.

We finished eating together as I looked at the time.

" Crap." I muttered under my breath.

" What's wrong?" He looked at me with concern.

" I should go. I'm gonna be late."

I rushed outside the house when Kaito suddenly grabbed my arm.

" I can help you get to your school faster." He said as he hummed gleefully.

I simply sighed as he carried me in his arms and walked through a section of the street that I was not familiar with.

" Where on earth are you taking me?" I looked at him curiously, waiting for an answer.
However, he didn't respond.

" Hey...I thought you're taking me to school.." I said wearily.

" I am taking you to school." He stated firmly.

( What's with the sudden change of attitude?)

The journey to school with Kaito was silent...He walked through different alleyways before arriving to my elementary school.
He put me down as he looked at my school and sighed...he looked angry.

" Here we are.."

And with that last words he left me without saying goodbye.

( What's wrong with him today? Why was he acting like that? Did I do something wrong?)