41~Whispers

Shinichi's eyes soon opened, his vision still blurry while his body was aching. He groaned as he sat up and leaned to the wall where he slept. 

He looked around before a certain object caught his attention. 

However, it disappeared in a blink of an eye before Shinichi could look closer at it. 

He sighed as he reached for his pocket to find a peculiar object in his hands. 

The detective soon realized it was the very thing that he didn't want to be near with..... 

The jewel that was called by many as " Pandora ". 

~ Shinichi's POV ~ 

I was struck with fear and confusion as my eyes widened, my mind trying to remember when I got my hands on the ominous jewel. 

( Why is it here!? How did I- I shouldn't have this! It should be cased in Haibara's laboratory....) 

" D-did I really just take the jewel without even remembering it....?" I muttered to myself, slowly doubting if I could even trust myself anymore. 

" Ugh, it's no use...I can't remember and I haven't been acting like myself lately..." I continued as I curled myself up into a ball. 

~ Shi.....ni....chi.....~ 

A faint echoey voice soon spoke as I shot my head up. 

" You again, what do you want with me? Can you just leave me alone...?" I said, not expecting a reply from the voice. 

~ Please....lis..ten..Please. ~  

The voice replied as it soon grew louder and more cohesive. 

I sighed deeply as I nodded my head. 

~ Thank you...I've been waiting for you to stop trying to ignore me...just like what the others did...~ 

The voice said with relief as I gradually became more accustomed and comfortable with the voice's presence. 

~ I'm Pandora..I have the ability to speak to people who are aware of my power and to those who have owned me.~ 

The voice said once more as I was in disbelief.

" You're Pandora...? How can I hear you or talk to you? I'm not even your owner and I'm not really the person who believes in magic..." I mentioned as the jewel soon glowed brightly. 

~ I am the jewel and my sole purpose from the very beginning is to be a shield or guardian to someone. However, people took advantage of me and made me bring misfortune to other people...And well, they became afraid of me because of my voice and they eventually thought they were going insane...even though it was just me trying to explain to them that I AM REAL.~ 

" So...you're going to be with me from now on?" I asked weakly as Pandora glowed brightly once more. 

" I'll take that as a yes..." 

( Oh well, I have to live with it for now....I should be a little bit more careful from now on...) 

I thought to myself as I felt a strange energy emanating from Pandora.... 

With it shining brightly behind the rays of moonlight.