15~A Detective's Idea

The day has passed by as the two odd friends continued with analyzing their plan as well as the work they made to form and create some new gadgets and tools that will help them with the next heist.
They both rested themselves onto the couch as Shinichi looked at the window absent-mindedly. It was a long day for both of them so they decided to call it a night.

~Shinichi's POV~
I heard a faint voice calling to me as I slowly opened my eyes while groaning.I looked at the figure lazily before my vision started to clear up.
I sighed as I saw the magician looking at me and smiling from ear to ear while sitting on the couch, playing with a deck of cards.

" What...the..hell Kaito..." I muttered under my breath with an annoyed expression on my face.

The magician smiled even more and looked at me with amusement on his face.

" Aww, come on Shinichi. You should really stop sleeping on this couch all the time, it is a very bad habit, you know?" He said casually.

(Like you are the one to talk, you cocky thief.)

I glared at him before sitting up on the couch and scratched my messy bed head. I looked at the time and groaned even more as the clueless magician looked at me curiously.

" Do you have any idea as to what the time is, Kaito?" I said as I gritted my teeth.

" Umm..."

He put a hand under his chin while looking up before staring back at me.

" It is 5 o' clock in the morning." He replied cheerfully.

(I swear to God, Kaito. You will be killed by my hand someday.)

I took a deep breath as I rubbed the bridge of my nose and took a glance at the magician.

" Good, you know...now why on earth did you wake me up at such an early hour?!" I asked him once more as I started to lose my composure once again.

" Well...to be honest...I wasn't gonna wake you up since you seemed so peaceful when you were asleep but..I came here to discuss about the one part of the plan that I have to do rather quickly....you know, the plan about the thing..." He replied in a serious tone.

I looked at Kaito with concern before crossing my arms together.

" What specific part of the plan are you talking about?" I asked him worriedly.

(I thought we already agreed with it...Was there something I missed or forgot..?)

" Well...I'm supposed to sneak into the police station and leave one of my heist card there right?"

Kaito looked at me with uncertainty as he continued shuffling his cards.

" Yeah...What about it?" I asked him seriously.

" It's just....umm..well.....Wouldn't it be much better if you bring it to them since they clearly trust you, plus they know who you are which in turn will allow you to enter and leave the place more easily...right?"

I looked down as I silently thought about Kaito's suggestion.

(It can work...but it is a very risky move if we do it...)

" It is a great suggestion Kaito...However, I don't think it is the safest way for us to bring the heist card to the police station. You already know that I can't just go there that easily...besides, if the Balck organization are going to come to the next heist...it would be suspicious for me to participate with the heist since they think that Kudo Shinichi is dead..." I explained to Kaito with a serious expression on my face.

Kaito sighed as he put a hand on his cheek.

" Do I really have to be the one to bring the card to the station? I mean, it would be dangerous for me as well since the Black Organization members might know how I look like without my usual Kaito Kid attire. The heck...they might even know where I live..." Kaito said wearily as I tried to think of an alternative way for us to deliver the card without anyone being suspicious about us.

(What should I do...? The organization might know where we are right know...but that doesn't seem to be the case since they already checked my house once and they didn't find any signs that I was still alive...If they know about Kaito Kid's real identity then they would've killed him already since they since they would know where he lives...or are they just pretending to not know and they are expecting Kaito to make another heist in order to lure both of us away from hiding...No that's impossible! Come on Shinichi, think!)

I paced back and forth around the room before an idea appeared to me.
I grinned before looking back at Kaito.

" So, I take it that you have a brilliant idea in store?" He asked playfully as I saw a smirk on his face.

" Yes, that is correct but first I have to go somewhere and confirm it myself if it's gonna work. Wait in here for a while, I'll be back." I said to Kaito before I proceeded to go to Professor Agasa's house.

I silently closed the door as I was greeted by Professor Agasa and Haibara.
I greeted both of them as Haibara approached me.

" Why exactly are you here today, Kudo?" She asked me with a raised eyebrow.

" I just wanted to ask you about something." I replied casually as I sat down on the table.

" Ok then, what do you want to know about?" She asked once more while sitting beside me.

I whispered in her ear as a smirk formed on her lips.

" So that's what you had in mind. It is a very interesting idea, I see that you're taking advantage of your...capabilities." She mentioned as she gave me something that will help me with the next heist.

I thanked Haibara and said my farewell to both Professor Agasa and Haibara before rushing back to my house and went to the library section and stopped as I saw Kaito sleeping on the couch.

I chuckled and slowly approached the magician before sitting down beside him.

(Huh, and he's the one who said that I shouldn't always sleep on the couch..What an idiot.)

I gazed upon the sleeping magician as I admired him quietly.

" I guess you were worn out as well...You should really take it easy with yourself Kaito, all that energy of yours will lead you to a lot of  trouble..." I said softly as I slowly put a blanket on Kaito.

(Have a nice and comfortable sleep Kaito, tomorrow will be an important day for the both of us....)