34~Three Detectives

Shinichi opened his eyes slowly, looking around the place for any sign of the magician.

He sighed while sloppily standing up and walking towards the kitchen, his stomach longing for a nice breakfast to eat.

The detective munched on his meal before he noticed a message pop out of his phone.

Curious, Shinichi read the message thoroughly and softly smiled.

-----Thanks for comforting me yesterday...I really needed it. I love you!-----

-----Don't even mention it, Kaito. It's the least I can do.-----

The high school detective put his phone down as he continued to eat his meal happily.

~Shinichi's POV~

( I wonder what we'll do...now that we know that the jewel is really Pandora.)

I thought to myself, worrying what's the next move of the organization now that they fortunately never had the chance to take possession of the jewel.

"--Ring! Ring! You got a new message.--"

( What now?)

I hastily looked at my phone and instantly raised an eyebrow as I saw the message from Hakuba.

( What is it now..? A new case or a new lead on our ongoing investigation?)

-----Kudo-kun, we discovered new information about our ongoing investigation. Hattori is already here at the station, we'll need your assistance with an evidence that has been found by Inspector Megure.-----

-----Okay, I'll be there as soon as possible.-----

I hurriedly made my way to the station, when I arrived Hattori was waiting outside with Hakuba as I walked towards them.

" I'm here. What is about the new evidence?" I asked the two detectives as they both looked at each other seriously.

" We think that we have discovered the potential murderer's hideout." Hattori mentioned as Hakuba gathered all of the information that led to their assumption.

" And we think that there are more than one person involved with it." He continued.

( I already knew it was the organization's doing but...their motive is still vague...They didn't need to kill the victim if they just wanted to take the jewel..they would have just blackmailed them and continued on with their job. Just like the first time I witnessed them back at Tropical Land...)

" Where do you think is their hideout?" I looked at the two seriously while we walked into the station.

" It might be near the bustling central mall, just across it are buildings that were abandoned or shut down by their owners." Hakuba replied blandly while re-checking all the gathered information once more.

" We'll investigate the place right now before anyone else might find out." The British detective continued while walking in a haughty manner.

We went to the abandoned buildings silently, cautiously looking around the place for any sign of human life within its worn out walls.

I continued to search deeper while the other two asked the near residences of the place if they've seen anyone entering the buildings.

I noticed a space near a wall and entered through it before I suddenly tripped and fell near a hole.

I groaned loudly before I cleaned myself up and scanned the area.

" What is this place?" I muttered as I crouched down and picked up a peculiar looking paper in between the cracked tiles of the floor.

Its feathers falling slowly as the white dove hovered across the sky

Its gaze drawn to the crimson moon that towered so high

When the clock finally strikes with the sun setting

The talons of the night will surely engulf the dove to die

Accompanied with the traitorous black that disappeared with a hidden poisonous treasure stolen from the crow up high

I quivered as I hurriedly went back to the entrance of the abandoned building without uttering a word to the two detectives and shut myself in my house while I tried to slowly recollect my thoughts and emotions.

( I have to tell this to Professor Agasa and Haibara.......Kaito, please be safe when I'll be looking for you..)