11~Comfort and Honesty

Conan rested under the desk while reading a book in the library, anxious about what the organization will do to Kaito Kid. He thought it would be wise to avoid being involved in it but he didn't want anyone to be harmed by the organization, especially those who are close to him and Kaito Kid is one of them. Kid was the one that always challenged him to be better, not to mention that his heists were interesting. He sighed and looked at the window as he waited for the moonlight thief to visit him.

~ Kaito's POV~
I checked the time and nodded to myself as I decided to visit the Kudo residence once more and quietly travelled to my destination with the night sky shining bright.
I entered the way where I usually go when in his house and froze when I saw Conan in the library section of Shinichi's house.

( W-why is he here? Are they related to one another? Are they relatives? Close friends? Siblings?)

I approached the small boy as he stared at me with his azure-colored eyes.
I knelt down in front of him while his gaze still focused on me.

" What are you doing here, metantei-kun?" I asked him softly.

However, he didn't respond.

I examined him and saw him holding the card I sent at the neighbouring home, since they seem to know Shinichi.

( How did he get the card? It seems that Shinichi isn't here again...but I can't just leave again.. I have so many questions.)

" Hey..." Conan said quietly.

" Hmm?"

" Are you planning on making another heist?" He asked seriously.

I thought about his question for a few minutes before I showed him a sad smile.

" Yes...and I think it will be my last heist..." I replied as I felt my body loosen up.

Conan only looked at me before he averted his eyes and walked towards the couch.
I observed him curiously as he went back and approached me.

" You haven't found what you came for yet, why give up at a time like this?" He asked again.

I gazed upon him and slightly chuckled, hiding the fact that I was lost and anxious as to what will happen to my loved ones if they do succeed in killing me.

" Sometimes, the show must go on. Even if it means that it is a risky act to follow.." I replied as I looked at the window.

" Don't be stupid." He spatted out as the boy walked closer towards me.

I looked at Conan as he gestured me to sit down, which I was insisted to do.

" You have no idea how much you're taking your life for granted right now..." He muttered as he looked down on the floor.

( M-metantei...Why..are you acting like this..?)

I looked at him worriedly as I moved closer towards him and patted his head.

" Hey...are you alright metantei-kun? It seems that there's something on your mind." I said as I tried to figure out why he's in Shinichi's house in the first place.

" There is always something on my mind...I just don't feel like I should tell them to other people..since they wouldn't take it seriously..especially when I look like a normal child to them...and it should stay that way." Conan replied, frowning.

( Now that I remember...he did say that he was involved with the Black Organization as well..How could any child be involved in such a thing....unless...........I was right..about him being....)

He looked at me, with his eyes looking through me as if he could read or hear what I was thinking.

" You're wondering about me being invovled...right?" He asked as he put his hand on his cheek.

I simply nodded and stared at him with curious eyes.

" By the way, what do you mean by taking my life for granted? Why are you telling me all of this now...you never really wanted to open up to anyone...well..from what I have observed when you were participating in my heists." I asked him as he sat himself up.

" ....I just wanted to tell you now..since......I'm afriad that you'll die." He replied with sincere honesty, honesty that was never really shown to me by the little detective.

I stared at him a few minutes before I forced myself to focus.

( I have to know....I have to....try..... I can't hold it any longer.....)

" I guess it's good that someone cares for my well-being...since I can't really tell this to anyone else...except for you tantei-kun, or should I say..Kudo Shinichi."

He looked at me with wide eyes, yet it looked as if he was relieved that I knew his identity.

" Since when did you know...my identity." He asked with a grin.

" Since the first time I met you at the last heist that I had prepared." I replied as I felt relieved that the mood lightened up.

" As you see, I can identify things that are oddly familiar to me like..how you act and how Kudo Shinichi acts..not to mention that I saw two roses on a vase and one of them is mine." I stated with a cheeky grin.

" Oh no, I'm so surprised that you found me out. Right...Kuroba Kaito?" He smirked as I had my mouth open with shock.

" Good, now that we now each other's identity that will make everything a little more easier." He continued as I was still recovering from the shock that I felt.

" And how did you know that I'm Kuroba Kaito?" I asked as I crossed my arms and pouted at the smug-faced detective.

He gazed at me and immediately averted his eyes as he looked at the window with the moon shining bright upon the room, illuminating his features especially his azure-colored eyes like the never ending seas and oceans.

" Well....it's because..it's hard to meet someone else who has indigo-colored eyes like you..Kaito...and well...that's one thing that makes you...something else than any person I know."

I slightly blushed as we both smiled at one another, unafraid with what will come...as long as we had each other to trust.