28~A Detective's Past Time

Kaito silently cleaned up his place as the morning started to become more lively and the people were busy going to their work and respective schools. 

It dawned on Kaito that he doesn't have any school today, which made the magician more happy and ecstatic about his day. 

He proceeded to wander around the place as he thought about the detective and what he is doing right now. 

Kaito decided to go to his favorite spot for doing his tricks as he looked around the place one last time before going outside. 

~ Shinichi's POV ~ 

The smell of coffee in the morning gave me a sense of tranquility and satisfaction as I read " The Scarlet Letter" for the 88th time and took a bite out of my sandwich. 

The familiarity of the room gave me more comfort as I stared at the window where the magician always invited himself in while I smiled softly and finished my coffee. 

( I wonder what he is doing right now...) 

I thought about it before I heard a buzzing sound from my phone.I looked at the message and stared at it with confusion as I saw Hakuba's profile pop up. 

I sent a message back while I was curious about what he wanted to talk about. 

____There is a new case that requires assistance from you, Kudo-kun.___ 

Hakuba texted as I thought about my response. 

 __ Ok then, what is the case about?__ 

__ You'll find out eventually. Just meet me at the station as usual.__ 

I sighed while I put down the phone and continued to read my book with intense focus. 

( Geez....another case huh...) 

I forcefully closed the book as I felt the frustration building up inside of me. 

( Why can't I have any peaceful day without getting dragged into cases....I'm glad that I can put my skills into use but still..this is too much for me...) 

" I'm always surrounded by dead bodies...and a dangerous organization..." I muttered to myself, burying my face with a pillow. 

( I guess I have to meet up with Hakuba tomorrow...) 

I took my time as I basically spent my time re-reading some of the books that I enjoyed when I was bored and sometimes..lonely. 

I sat on the couch as usual and looked at the time. 

( 12:45 pm...I guess I was reading a lot of books here for a very long time....) 

I suddenly heard the window open and saw the magician carefully closing it. 

He chuckled as he saw a pile of books scattered around the couch and floor as he casually patted my head. 

" Mmmmmhhpphh...what are you doing..?" I asked him with annoyance as he continued patting me on the head. 

"I'm patting your head since I missed you." He replied with his utmost honesty and jubilation. 

He sat beside me as I heard the buzzing from my phone. I looked at the message and quickly replied as I put it on the side and sighed deeply. 

" What's wrong Shinichi?" Kaito questioned me with eyes filled with concern and trouble. 

" Oh, it's nothing. Hakuba just want for us to meet up at the station to discuss about the case I am about to do." I explained with lack of enthusiasm and exhaustion. 

" Can I join you?" 

" W-what?! Are you being serious right now!?" 

" Come on, I can make an excuse as to why I came with you." 

He pleaded desperately as I eventually agreed since I didn't have the time and energy to deal with the magician's stubbornness. 

( Tomorrow sure will be...interesting..)