3~My Old body

Conan didn't have the time to even sleep yesterday, he was busy researching about Kaito, as well as the Black Organization. He took of his glasses and tried to stay awake as much as possible, continued to gather more information until he couldn't take it anymore and went to sleep, unfortunately his cellphone rang at the worst possible moment.

~Conan's POV~
"Ring.Ring.Ring"
I looked at my cellphone to see that is was Haibara calling me.

" What does she want...in 3 ..in the mor..ning?" I yawned and forced myself to get out of bed and pick up the phone.

" Mo..shi Mos.hi.." I said lazily while thinking what she wanted to talk about.

" Kudo, the antidote is finished." I heard her say with her usual monotoned voice.

I couldn't believe it.. am I dreaming?
It's finally done, I can be Shinichi again... this time I can finally be myself...
But why do I feel..sad?

" Kudo?" Haibara said as she started to worry about me.
" Thanks Haibara, I'll go to Agasa's house later... bye.." I said as I hung up the phone.

" I'm finally going to be myself again....huh.."
At this point I didn't want to sleep, there were just a lot of things going through my mind.
What will happen if I come back? Will it affect everyone negatively?
What should I say when I do come back?
What will happen to the detective boys when I'm gone?

I didn't know what to do..but I had to do it. It was the only way for me to know what to do.
I looked at the time and prepared to go to Agasa's house, but before that....

" I have to tell Ran... I have to. There's no use lying to her about my feelings.."
I worked up the courage to call her with my voice changing tie and waited patiently for her to answer the phone.

" Shinichi! You haven't called for ages..I was getting worried.." She said with concern.

" Ran... I'm sorry, but I have to tell you something..." I said as I tried to keep my composure.
" What is ... it Shinichi..?" I could feel like she's about to cry.

" I know I'm selfish for not telling you this for a long time...but..I don't love you as I used to, Ran.
You will always be an important and special person that I care about... but I don't see us in a romantic relationship... I see us more as close friends and siblings..I'm telling you this because I don't want to hurt you even more... so please.. find someone else who will give you the love and joy that...you deserve.." I finally said it...but it was really painful to even bear..

I felt disgusted at myself.. I feel like I want to die... but I had to stay strong.

" Shinichi...I understand..I'm not angry at you.
I was actually feeling the same way.. my feelings doesn't seem to be the same anymore...
I'm sure whoever you love now will be happy, and I'll support you no matter what.
You better make them the happiest person in the world! You hear me Shinichi!" She said as the mood lightned up more.

I'm glad she took it well. I know she feels sad but I know she's still there for me when I'll have some problems.

" Thanks Ran, well I better go back to work now...bye." I said as I smiled and ended the phone call.

" Now that it's settled, I can go to Agasa's house now."
I packed all my things as I said to Ran that I was visiting Professor Agasa's house and went my own way.

I reached my destination and saw Haibara waiting for me on the front gate.
She looked at me with an annoyed expression on her face.

" You're late."

" Yeah, I'm sorry. I had to tell Ran something that I was keeping from her for a long time now..."

Haibara sighed and closed the gate as I followed her inside the house.
We went inside and was greeted by Professor Agasa.

" Ah, Shinichi, it's finally the time.
For you to have you're body back." Agasa said as I sat up on the chair and Haibara gave me the antidote.

" Kudo, it will take a few minutes for you to have you're body back.
It will be a very painful process..are you sure do you want to continue with this?" Haibara said as she prepared some clothes near the table.

" Yes, I can't just go back now." I said with determination.

Haibara and Agasa nodded and I started drinking the antidote, my body slowly heated up, turning numb..unable to move. I started to feel a painful headache as my chest started to feel heavy.. my entire body felt as if it was being teared into pieces. I screamed in pain and agaony for almost an eternity, until it suddenly stopped and I slowly became unconscious.

~Shinichi's POV~

" K...o"

" Ku...o"

" Ku..d..o"

" KUDO!"

I woke up to see myself in a bed with Haibara beside me.
I looked at her, then I looked at a nearby mirror.

( It's me... it really is me..)
I couldn't help but cry..all my emotions started pouring out..
I was finally myself.. I was glad yet sad..and confused.

Haibara slowly wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug.
I felt happy that she was comforting me and I accepted the embrace.

After a few minutes, I finally had the strength to get up on my own as Haibara gave me my clothes and went downstairs with Agasa.
I quickly put on the clothes that Haibara gave me and went downstairs.

" Shinichi, you're awake.
Here, have some food it will help you start the next morning with energy." Agasa said as he ate some food himself.

" Oh, and don't worry about Mouri Kogoro and Ran.
I already said that Conan is sleeping here for the night." He said with reassurance.

I quickly ate some food and coffee and went to Haibara's lab.
Her lab was messy and there were papers stacked up with one another.
She minded her own business, working something on her computer.

" Perfect timing Kudo, I just examined the results that happened when you grew your body back and all of them were positive." She said, her eyes still looking at her compiter monitor.

" However.." She continued.
" You need to be more careful since there might be some side effects that we might not know about." She with a serious expression on her face.

" Fine, I will." I said in a carefree tone.

( Besides, if there will be side effects. It won't reveal my identity to anyone anyways.)

I said to myself foolishly, not knowing what events will come and probably end my life.