Bless The Hangover

Karlie woke up to the annoying chirping of the birds outside the window, pecking at the window frame with their long, pointed beaks.

Groaning, she rubbed open her eyes only to find that she was not alone in her bed.

Legs entangled with someone else under the blanket, her arms resting on someone else's waists and her head on someone else's shoulder.

What had even happened last night?

Alarmed, Karlie slowly got up, praying that it wasn't whom she expected. Slowly, wrapping another blanket around her naked self she walked over to the other side, only to receive the biggest shock of her life.

Taylor Swift, sleeping in her bed, with nothing but her lingerie on.

Karlie could feel a terrible headache about to set on, yet she said nothing but glanced around the room.

Her jeans were clumsily thrown on the floor, her shoes thrown in the corner of the room next to her makeup table and her top that hung on the doorknob.

Wild night, she thought to herself.

Half her eyes closed, she picked up her jeans that lay beside her bed and rummaged through the pockets.

Finding her pack of cigarettes, she settled down on the window sill, after hooking her bra and took out one roll.

Few moments later, smoky clouds escaped her lips and set afloat the sky, leaving behind silvery-grey ashes and a rather strong smell on her hands and lips.

"Wh-what are you doing?"

The blue eyed girl asked, her light blue eyes opening upto the cold New York morning, gazing at the model, who was still holding the cigarette between the webs of her fingers.

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

The model countered, rather harshly so as she set down the burnt cigarette butt on her arm, whizzing against her caramel skin.

Karlie had this absurd habit of touching down the hot cigarette butt on her skin, once she was finished with the thing. She really had no idea why, it did burn her to some extent but along with it came a sense of an excitable high, something that she had discovered in her high school senior year.

Of course, it did leave scars on her hands and arms, which reminded her of the intense amount of smoke that she did exhale, but it did not matter, as long as she felt the stage of being drawn away from the nasty and materialistic world, where she felt that she had never belonged to, even though she was very well satisfied with the way her life turned out.

She kept staring outside the window, the cigarette burning out in her fingers,the flame sparking and then dying out.

After a few minutes under the uncomfortable gaze of the blonde singer, who had absolutely no idea where she was, Karlie got up.

"Grab your clothes. Get the fuck out of my house."

Karlie threw away the cigarette outside the window frame and rubbed her hands to rid herself of the grey ash.

"Excuse me?"

Taylor asked, gaping at the model who seemed unaffected by whatever they had been involved in last night.

"I said, get the fuck out of my house. Right now. Or are you hard of hearing?"

The model repeated, closing the pack of cigarettes and playing with the lighter, flicking it open and shut.

The older girl, who stood there watching the model go on about her unusual morning routine, frowned before asking.

"So I was just a one night stand?"