prom? | a.g.

Aidan had an arm wrapped around your shoulders. You were listening to him, as he talked about something. 

"Apparently, we planned on scaring each other. So, as soon as I walked in the room, I hid in the closet. I saw Johnathan come in and he got excited, because he thought he was the first one in the room. He hid under the bed. I didn't want to come out first, so we ended up hiding for a whole two hours." 

You smiled, seeing as he was gesturing wildly with his free hand. Not moving the arm he had around you.

"Daniel came in the room, looking for us. We both jumped out scaring him. He ended up, screaming really loud. The dog even jumped up from his screaming!"  Aidan says enthusiastically.

You let out a chuckle, rolling your eyes. Once you look back at Aidan, you see him staring at you.

His eyes were focused on yours, a dreamy look on his face. Aidan started to move closer to you, "(Y/N), I-"

Your alarm rang.

Quickly, you sit up. Rubbing your eyes, as you get up from bed. "Did I just dream about my best friend?"

Shaking your head, you try to forget about it. It was just a dream. Didn't mean anything.

You got ready for school, putting an outfit on and headed out. As you got to school, you were finishing the sandwich you made.

Making it to your locker, you see Aidan. He smiles at you, waving for you to hurry up.

"Hey, Aidan. What's up?" You say, putting in your locker combination.

He just shrugs, "Nothing really, I've got a test in bio. But, besides that, do you want to watch a movie tomorrow, after school?"

"Sure. You down to watch It Chapter Two?"

Aidan replies, "Hell yeah." You begin to walk towards Aidan's locker. "Did you oversleep or something? You're usually earlier than me."

You mentally wince, remembering your dream. "It's just this weird dream I had."

You hear him chuckle, opening his locker. "Oh yeah? Was it about you being a student at Hogwarts again? Or was it like, that time you dreamt I had time traveling powers?"

Rolling your eyes, you nudge him with your shoulder. Huffing out a sigh, when he laughs. "Shut up, you dick! That was only, like once. And besides, I'm not the only one with weird dreams! You dreamt that you had three brothers and a sister. Which might I add, didn't look anything like you!"

"Alright, fine. We both have weird ass dreams. Still doesn't make my dreams as weird as yours." Aidan sticks his tongue out at you.

Scoffing, you say, "You are such a child."

He just laughs, "Oh please, like you aren't either."

The first period bell rings.

***
When Aidan and you passed each other in the halls, you would make faces at each other.

During lunch, you were sitting next to Aidan. Talking about how your classes went.

Changing the subject Aidan says, "I feel like I forgot to do something, but I don't remember what-" He stops, hearing loud music start to play.

The cafeteria's doors open. Cedric, who you shared math with came in. He held out a bouquet of roses. His friends came in holding a sign that said, "Lilith, will you accept this rose? And go to prom with me?"

You can see Lilith run to hug Cedric, kissing him. Yelling out, "Yes!"

Turning to Aidan, you see him sigh. Suddenly, finding the table more interesting. You decide not to comment on it.

When school ended, you got ready for bed. As you were getting a shirt on, your phone rings. Looking at the contact, you see it's Aidan.

Picking up you ask, "Hey. What's up?"

You hear shuffling on the other end. "Uh, hey (Y/N). What color should I wear for prom?"

"Uhm? I don't know, any? It's your choice, Aidan," you reply. Confused on why he asked you.

The shuffling stops for a second, then continues. Distractingly, Aidan answered, "Well, what color's your dress? We have to match."

You chuckle, "Since, when are we going together?"

Aidan paused, there was silence on his end. "Oh shit." You hear him nervously laugh. "I forgot to ask you."

Snickering, you try to hold your laughter in. "I can't believe you. Aidan, oh my god." You can tell with his silence, that he was rubbing his neck and smiling awkwardly.

"Heh, whoops? I guess, I'll just ask now! (Y/N), will you go to prom with me?" Aidan says. Before you get to answer, he sheepishly adds, "Sorry for the lack of roses and music."

You chuckle, "Don't worry, you goofball. Of course, I'll go to prom with you. And if it makes you feel better, you can make it all up to me tomorrow. On that movie date."

Aidan lets out a laugh, "Watch tomorrow you'll be blown away. You'll need a wheelbarrow to carry all the roses, I'll get for you! I'll even have a sign! The biggest sign, you'll ever see!"

"Alright. Calm down there, Casanova. I'll appreciate anything you give me."

The rest of the night, ended with you and Aidan talking on the phone. Before, you fell asleep, you heard him whisper.

"I love you, (Y/N)."