criminal | f.h.

[author's note: criminal by britney spears plays in the distance.]

You just finished your shift at Griddy's Doughnuts. Passing by an alleyway, you see a quick flash of blue light. Which looked like an outline of a person. Whispering to yourself, "Alright, I have got to stop working the night shift. It's messing with my brain."

Walking past the alley a little faster, you freeze in fear when you hear the sound of a thud. "Shit!"

You began to panic, because what the fuck? Stepping into the alleyway slowly, already regretting the decision you're making. "Uh, are you okay? Please, don't murder me," you yelled out to the darkness.

The person chuckles, "I am in fact, not okay. Also, the murdering thing? Let's just hope you aren't on my hit list." Fuck, you didn't know which would be scarier not getting an answer or getting an answer like that.

"Hahaha," you replied dryly. "I'd be a lot less creepy, dude. I'm not too keen in helping you anymore." Taking your phone out, you flashed the light at the silhouette.

Seeing a boy your age, clutching his stomach, which was bleeding profusely. He had bruises all over his face, dried blood here and there on his shirt.

You see mystery boy smirk, "Actually, I don't need your help."

What a cocky ass bastard. Lifting an eyebrow, "Really? Because, it looks to me that you need immediate medical care." You touch his shoulder lightly, that smirk disappearing as he winces.

"Okay, maybe I need some help with-" He pauses, "What are you doing?!"

You put his arm around your shoulder, pulling him up. "I'm taking you to my apartment, dumbass. It's not far from here, I could bandage you up."

"What makes you think, I'll let you help me. I barely know you, much less you barely know me," mystery boy counters back.

This guy just won't shut up. Rolling your eyes, you start to walk. Carrying him as he holds his stomach. "My name's (Y/N), there happy? Now, we know each other. Can you start walking? I don't want to drag your ass all the way to my apartment."

He's silent. You think that he passed out, because of blood loss. Thank god, you didn't want to keep the conversation going.

"Five."

Shit, you spoke too soon. "What?" You looked at him in confusion. "Are you, like telling me an address or something?"

"No, smartass. That's my name," Five replies.

You let out a snort, "Who names their kid by a number? Did your parents not love you or something?" You joke, wanting to lighten the mood.

You expected him to chuckle and start telling a funny story about how he got his name. But, he doesn't.

The smile on your face fading, when you don't hear him laugh. Seeing a tedious look on his face. Looks like you struck a cord.

"They didn't actually. Dad wasn't too keen on getting to know us well," his facial expression monotonous.

Ouch. You were about to comfort him, but your curiosity got the best of you. "Us?"

Five nods, "There are 7 of us. All adopted, our mothers didn't seem like they wanted us. So, they gave us away."

You didn't know how to comfort him. How do you reply to that?

"I'm sorry? That sucks. I mean, you did have siblings that care for you, right? Someone that you confided in?"