hot ride | a.g.

{author's note: I don't know anything about cars, so bear with me on this.}

The smell of gasoline and carbon monoxide filled your nose. Car engines and cheers where heard. The brightness of headlights illuminated the street.

Easy to tell that it was an illegal car race.

It was held in a dimly lit street. Just under an overpass and away from public view. What really made you smile was the lined up "super cars" parked next to your Camero.

They wouldn't stand a chance.

2017 yellow Chevrolet Camero. That baby had a 8 Cylinder - Koenigsegg 5.0-Liter V8 engine. Could go up to speeds of 455 to 707 horsepower. You personally refurbished the hood. A regular old Camero couldn't take up the speeds of a new engine.

You didn't put any nitrous oxide or fill it with a higher octane than it should be. Other racers gas up their cars with fuels that they'll expect the car to handle. It would only result to an overheating or damage of the engine.

While, racing the cars could blow up. You've seen it happen.

"Hey, pretty lady! You come to watch the show?" A guy asked, he was leaning out the window of his car.

Looked to be 2019 Aston Martin, V8 Vantage. The cherry red color contrasted greatly with the black racing stripe in the middle.

You had to admit it was a nice car, but it still didn't beat yours.

Chuckling, you send him a smile. "No, I came to win it."

At the yell of the race starting, you made the way to your car. Opening the car door, you grip the wheel, taking in the feel of the stick shift. Reeving the engine at the high hold of the flag.

"Ready..."

The gas was pressed beneath your foot.

"Set..."

A car pulls up next to you. It's the Aston Martin. The guy winks at you, pulling up his window.

"Go!"

You were so gonna beat his ass.

***

"And, we have our winner!" A person yelled as they raised your arm, cheers followed.

It wasn't anything different. You weren't in it for the money, you were in it for the adrenaline rush. Besides, you've won ever race before.

You smile as people tell you congratulations, patting your back as you pass. Popping the hood, you check the engine. Suddenly, someone leans against your Camero.

"Nice drifting back there." The guy with the cherry red Aston Martin says.

You got a better look at him. He had dark brown hair, eyes were a beautiful green color. "Nice sportsmanship."

"What? Do the other racers usually not compliment you? I mean, your skills are impeccable."

Snorting out a laugh, you close the hood. "Curse me out, yeah. Call me a cheater, definitely. But, never compliment me. Guess their egos are as big as their heads."

He follows you, as you go through the routine check of the Camero. "Huh? You mostly win every race you do?"

You shrug, "Mhm. Anyways, you new? I've never seen your Aston Martin before."

"Uh, kinda. This is my first race."

Getting into your car, you close the door. Turning down the window, "What's your name, rookie?"

Leaning against the door, he smirks, "Aidan. Nice to meet you."

"(Y/N). Hope I see you around, rookie." You drive off. Seeing Aidan and his Aston Martin farther and farther away in the side mirror.

***

That wasn't the last time you saw Aidan. It seemed like every race you took after that day, he was there.

The race on 45th street, the one downtown, the private beach, and the one on main street. It annoyed you at how cocky, he was. Every time, he'd pass you the fucker would wink or smirk.

What pissed you off more was his conversations with the flag girls. You knew he only did it to make you jealous. He thought he could get a rise out of you. And it was working. That's why it got you so angry.

"Are you following me now?" You say sarcastically. "You know, when I said see you around I didn't mean this."

The race was yet to begin, other racers pumped up the engines of their cars, checking that their fuel was all safe.

Looking back to you, Aidan grins, "I'm just racing. I think your self-esteem's getting a little bit big there, doll."

Scoffing, you lean against the hood of your Camero. "First, don't call me doll. Second, we've seen each other race after race. That can't be a coincidence."

The starting flag gets raised up. "Maybe, it just is, doll." he says. Getting into the car and reeving the engine.

You glare at the road ahead. Gripping the stick shift and wheel, you needed to bring this guy down.

When the race is done, you make your way to Aidan. Who was chatting up with one of the flag girls. You see her giggle at something he said. Rolling your eyes, you tap his shoulder. "Hey, Aidan. Didn't know a rookie, like you could win a race."

Turning to you, he waves off the flag girl. "You impressed?" He grins.

"Let your ego simmer down a bit. I just wanted to ask," you take a seat on the hood of his car. The fresh red paint shining, even in the dark. "What kind of fuel, you use? That turn looked like it made your engine flare up."

Leaning on his car, Aidan smiles, "100 octane fuel power."

"Engine?"

"1.6 liter four-stroke turbocharged, 90 degree V6 reciprocating engine."

You scrunched up your nose, "Eesh, you think your car can handle that, babe?" The pet name was spit out, dripped in sarcasm.

"Think I can? I know my car can. If I didn't, I wouldn't have won," Aidan says. Confidence filling his words.

"Next race, then. We'll see whose better."

"Deal."