treats more than tricks | f.h.

"Is it wrong to dress up like a sexy pumpkin?"

Five rolled his eyes, hearing similar questions been asked a few times already.

He really didn't get the appeal of Halloween. It was basically a germs playground, plus the tooth rotting sweets. All you do is dress up in a costume and get exercise, only to gain back the calories you've burned by eating candy.

Even as a kid, he never found any interest in the holiday. Is it not just a blatant show of consumerism? People buy decorations, costumes, and candy. Halloween is basically a breeding ground of wasted money going towards big corporations.

Now as a 19 year old, Five still can't see why people celebrate it. Halloween parties are another excuse to get drunk and regret it the morning after.

"Klaus just pick a damn costume. It isn't that fucking hard." Five grabbed the closest thing he could find and shoved it towards Klaus' chest. "Wear that."

His brother looked at the costume, eyes twinkling when he did. "A sexy ghost? You're a genius, Five!" Klaus rushed back into the dressing room, closing the curtain quickly to try the outfit on.

A scoff coming from his mouth, Five rolled his eyes again. At this point, he just wanted the ground to swallow him whole, than deal with Klaus at the moment.

The only thing he was looking forward to was seeing you tonight. He heard Klaus invited you over for Halloween. Something about trick-or-treating, despite them all being fully grown adults. Saying that they never had the chance to, during their childhood, to actually be kids.

Swallowing his pride, Five wouldn't like to admit he'd go through all those childish Halloween traditions just to hang out with you. No, he'd rather die than admit that.

But, in his heart he knew it was true.

He'd do anything for you.

***

When they returned back to the mansion, it was getting quite dark. Five was glad to see that you were already there. What he wasn't glad to see was your costume.

"What the actual fuck are you wearing?" Five couldn't stop the words from spitting from his lips.

Besides him, was his own brother laughing his lungs out. Klaus was nearly on the floor, clutching his stomach. Laughing to the point that he wasn't even laughing anymore, he was just wheezing.

You arched a brow, "What do you mean, Five? This is my costume."

Shaking his head from frustration, Five presude the topic. "No, babe. I mean, why are you wearing my old Umbrella Academy uniform. That shit's dusty as fuck."

He sees you shrug, "Because, I'm dressed as you for Halloween. Isn't it obvious?" Standing up from your seat at the table, you excitedly regather the attention of Five and Klaus. "Here! I can even do an impression of you!"

With your sudden action, Five stepped back to give you some space. Klaus was now intently watching, his giggles calming down.

Clearing your throat, you cross your arms over your chest and look disinterested. "Oh, I'm Five! I fucking hate you if you're not my family or my significant other! Where can I get a decent cup of coffee? Ugh!" You grinned at Klaus nearly pissing himself from your act and Five's light flustered look.