britt's accent | n.h.

{author's note: this is for the lovely  @madalynl188}

Nicky called you to hang out at the mall, it was something that was random. But, you guessed with the Harper's, random is their normal.

"(Y/N), get your cute ass over here! It's important!" You heard him say through the line.

The phone was laying on your bed, speaker on. As you tried putting on some pants, "Yeah, you've said that for the 5th time already. I'm dressing up as fast as I can."

There was a loud shuffling on Nicky's end. A yell of "Hey!" was heard. "Hurry up! (Y/N), I swear to god, if you don't rush over to the mall!"

"Dawn? Is that you?"

"Yes. Now, hurry!"

Putting on some shoes, you ended the call, rushing to the mall. Your hair was a mess, you couldn't give two-shits about it though.

Whatever Nicky was calling you about better be for a good reason.

***
"This isn't a good enough reason."

Once, you got to the mall, you texted Nicky that you were there. He told you to come over to the Fro-yo shop. You though it was weird, but obliged.

You saw that Britt and the Harpers were at a table eating Fro-yo, that was way too much to be considered healthy.

Nicky waves you over to an empty seat next to him, a cup of frozen yogurt in his hand. He gives you a cup of your own, as you sit down.

"How did you guys get all this Fro-yo? Can't imagine Natlee being this cool with you guys getting this much." You ask, taking a bite of frozen yogurt.

While talking, Nicky runs his hands through your locks. Trying to fix the bird's nest that was your hair.

Dawn laughs, "She's not. Britt did all the work."

You tilt your head in confusion, looking at the boy in question.

"Seriously, he talks and people give him free stuff!" Ricky said with a mouthful of yogurt.

Looking at the empty cups on the table and bags full of stuff on the floor, you raise an eyebrow. "Have you been using Britt this whole time?" Turning to him, you question, "Are you okay with all this, Britt?"

He waves you off, shrugging. "It's really not a big deal. As long as they're all happy, it's fine with me."

You could hear his charming Australian accent. Huh, no wonder people just gave him free things. "That's very sweet of you, Britt. I see that your accent isn't the only reason people give you stuff."

Britt sends you a smile, "Thanks, (Y/N)."

Nicky grumbles into your neck, wrapping his arms around your waist. As he pushes your hair aside, to lay on your shoulder.

You ignore it, his stomach was probably just hurting. His siblings and him did eat about 20 cups of frozen yogurt. Letting Nicky curl up on you, as Dawn shows you all the things she got.

***
After that, you began to tag along, talking to Britt. You got close enough to him, that you two began to hang out, without the Harper siblings.

"Uh oh, is little Nicky jealous?" Dawn teases, poking the boy's arm.

Nicky doesn't answer, he just turns away from her.

There was a snort that came from Ricky, "He is. Have you seen the look he gives Britt? Pure murderous."

"Who's murderous?" Britt asks. Coming from the kitchen, a bowl of popcorn in his hands.

You pop in behind him, carrying snacks and drinks. "You guys better not be spoiling the movie."

Dawn grabs the gummy bears from you, getting a handful. "Please, there is nothing to spoil if all the movies have the same plot. He gets himself captured, the villain gets his hands bitten, then the hero wins."

Popcorn flies on Dawn, some of them getting in her hair. "Boo! Stop spoiling the movie!" Ricky says, throwing more popcorn at Dawn.

She rolls her eyes, removing the popcorn from her hair.

You settle besides Nicky, cuddling in close to him under the blanket. Sending him a smile, you kiss his cheek. Nuzzling your nose with his.

Nicky huffs out a laugh, pulling you closer to him. With his arm around your shoulders.

Throughout the movie, Ricky would not stop talking about Britt's accent. It got to the point where they forgo the movie all together, and started talking.

"It's just a little impossible to believe that people just hand you free stuff," You say. "Could it just be your luck's that good?"

Ricky snorts out a laugh, "It's the accent, (Y/N)."

"Yeah, sure. Like, girls just fall at his feet, because of his accent," sarcasm dripping into your words.

Dawn gulps down the gummy bears, before answering. "They do though!"

Sighing, you roll your eyes. Laying your head on Nicky's shoulder, "Don't be shallow, you guys. There's more to Britt than his accent. Right, Britt?"

He smiles, shrugging, "I guess. If you say so."

"Off track here, but, you know, someone's a little jealous of your accent Britt?" Ricky asks, sending a look towards Nicky.

Dawn nudges Ricky, they both snicker. Your boyfriend groans, covering his face into your neck.

Trading confused glances with Britt, you tilt your head. As he asks, "Who?"

"Yeah, who'd be jealous of an accent?" you follow up.

Dawn starts snickering again, moving her head in Nicky's direction. "Talk to your boyfriend, (Y/N)."

"Nicky?" You softly say.

He mumbles something along the lines of, "I hate you guys." When you try to move him to look at you.

Dawn, Britt, and Ricky go back into a conversation of their own.

Lightly, you go to hug Nicky. Snaking your arms around his waist, laying your chin on his chest, as you look up at him. "What? Are you jealous of Britt's accent?" You cheekily ask.

Nicky pouts. Bottom lip tutting out.

Kissing him, you sigh. "You have no reason to get jealous. You are my cutie pie. Just you and no one else, okay?" You held his cheeks. Squishing them, until he smiles.

Rolling his eyes, Nicky swats your hands away. Letting you kiss him every where, around his face.

"You still jealous?"

"No," Nicky mumbles.

You grin, "Good." Tugging him into a deep kiss. He intertwines his hands in your hair, as your arms are around his neck.

Pulling apart, when popcorn is thrown at you two. "Disgusting! Stop PDA!" Ricky yells.

Dawn joins in, throwing popcorn at Nicky. "Stop making me think about my single life! Get a room!"

Britt just laughs at their antics.

Nicky huffs, removing the popcorn from your hair. As he grabs your hand to take you upstairs.

Ricky shouts out something, before you're out of earshot. "Don't fuck!"