when i'm with you | a.g.

[author's note: ya'll guess what song i got inspired by]

He was invited to another party. Again.

Don't get him wrong. He loved the people he worked with, loved the fans, and loved how they were celebrating season 2 of The Umbrella Academy. It's just that, he was the youngest person there. No one to relate too or talk comfortably with. The adults, sometimes treated him like he was a child. Like, yeah, he was, but that didn't mean they had to treat him any differently.

Adjusting his tie, why did he have to wear one? He doesn't even wear a suit and tie often, he looked around. Shifting his eyes towards the ground, when he learned that no one was even looking at him. Maybe, he could sneak out the back. Would anyone even notice he was gone?

Feeling a hand graze his, he turns to see you. Your smile lighting up his world. Grabbing his drink from his hand, drinking it and setting it down on the table, "Shall we dance, Aidan?"

Giving you his hand, you lead him to the dancefloor. As you start to dance with him, Aidan smiles softly. What would he do without you?

"I love you, did I ever tell you that?" He blurts out.

The chuckle you let out was music to his ears. "Yes, many times Aidan." You kiss his cheek, "I love you too, dork."

You acted as his stability. When he didn't feel like he fit in, you would be there holding him up. Smiling that gorgeous smile of yours, he knew everything would be okay for him. A room filled with people, he would still feel alone without you.

Spinning you around him, he dips you jokingly. Holding your waist tightly, as he grips your hand. He sees you flush, the tips of your ears turning red. Aidan pulls you closer to him, looking at your lips, then back at you.

He leans in close to you, centimeters away from your lips. Closing your eyes, you lean towards him too. Only opening your eyes after a few seconds. You see Aidan smirking, as he pulls away teasingly. Laughing when he sees your flustered scowl.

Grabbing the back of your neck, he pulls you into a deep kiss. "You're such a dick sometimes, you know?"

You shove him lightly, when Aidan rolls his eyes. "You love me anyways, (Y/N)."

As he dances with you, Aidan realizes that maybe the party isn't as bad as he thought it was.