i wanna dance with somebody | f.h.

"I gave you my heart! Oh, oh, I gave you my heart!"

It was 12 a.m. in the morning. The sound of yelling-singing and music banged against the mansion walls. Making it's way through the vents. Blinking towards the window, the moon shined inside of his room's walls, and down to the carpet.

Five sighed, shifting his position in bed. This has been happening for a full two hours. At first, it was easy to tune out. Pop some earbuds in and lights out. But, after that, the problem wasn't as simple to solve.

Grudgingly getting up, Five slipped his slippers on and opened his bedroom door. Peeping out into the hallway, he noticed that the noise seemed to be from Klaus' room.

Not to much surprise though. Klaus was always eccentric. Sometimes too much to Five's extent. 

Don't get him wrong, he loved his family. Would absolutely kill for them, if need be. At times like these however, Five would rather kill his family.

Cringing at the thought, his nose scrunched. Adding to it, 'Lovingly of course. I'd kill them as lovingly as possible.'

Walking down the hall, Five passed Luther's room, rolling his eyes at the snoring he'd heard. Luther was always a deep sleeper. The rest of his siblings were spared the annoyance of Klaus' antics and Luther's noisy snores.

Diego insisted he still sleep in that small room at the gym, Allison was out of town, and Vanya was in her apartment.

There was no one Five could share his pain with.

"So, don't go breaking my heart!"

From outside of Klaus' room, Five could hear the dancing of footsteps. Even the horrible singing, which began to scratch at his ears.

"I won't go breaking your heart!"

Moving near the door, one voice blended into two. There was another person with Klaus, who was also singing as loudly. Although, not as badly as Klaus was, Five concluded.

Upon closer inspection, the voice with Klaus seemed familiar, but Five couldn't place where. The song playing and Klaus' singing muted the other person in the room.

Knocking on the door, Five waited for it to open. A few seconds passed, he knocked again. A minute passes, he could still hear the blatantly obnoxious music. The door not being able to muffle the sound, from this proximity.

Getting fed up of waiting, Five turned the handle to get inside, announcing himself into the room. Annoyed by having awaken at 12:00 in the morning by off-key singing, his mood wasn't the best. So, when he saw you, his significant other, with a hairbrush in hand, wearing one of Klaus' shirts, he didn't handle it all to well.

"What the absolute shit?" Spacial jumping to the nightstand, where Klaus' phone was still blasting old hits, was turned off. Five wanted to break it, but held himself back. He knew he'd regret doing so later on, Klaus' complaining would be intolerable.

"Why are you here?" Five addresses you, holding your hands in his. "More importantly, why are you wearing my brother's shirt?"

Instead of answering, Klaus does it for you. Swatting Five's hands from your intertwined ones, and snatching his phone from the table. "They're here, because I invited them. Essentially, I got hungry and went to go to the kitchen for some snacks. Turns out we don't have anything in the house, except for black coffee and the yucky protein bars Luther eats."

Arching a brow, Five's face contorts to a confused one. "How does that relate to anything?"

"Shh, I'm getting there. I asked them to get me some snacks, and bless their soul, they did! It was like 8:00 pm at the time, I let them in, shared snacks, they got messy, so I lent them a shirt. It was the least I could do. Then we got distracted." Klaus finishes by pressing play on the song Five had paused. Dancing off in a corner of his room, leaving you and Five to talk.

You smile at how Klaus still dances away, despite being the only one who's doing so. A smile that Five stares at, a little longer than he should.

Averting from Klaus, you change your attention onto Five. Your boyfriend, who's still got a messy bedhead and heavy eye bags. "Sorry, did we wake you up?" You kiss his cheek, wrapping an arm around his waist.

It's difficult for him to admit, but, fuck, does he melt whenever you kiss him. It's hard for him to ever go against you, when you give him any sort of affection.

Before the two of you were dating, Five despised physical touch from anyone other than his family. Even then, if a hug ran on for too long, he'd push the sibling away.

But, now that he has you, things are different. He craves your touch. He doesn't mind the PDA anymore. He wanted to be loved and you gave that to him. For that, he will be eternally grateful.

So, he shrugs it off. Lies about the truth. "No, you didn't wake me up. I couldn't sleep." Well, it was partly truth. You didn't wake him up, necessarily.

"Oh," you frown at the response. Thumbs caressing under Five's eyes gently. "I can help you fall asleep." Kissing the tip of his nose, you smile at the light blush dusting his cheeks.

Holding your hands in his, Five smiles. It's a genuine smile. He's noticed he's been doing that a lot recently. "Yeah, I'd like that." Without warning, Five spacial jumps the two of you into his room.

Leaving Klaus alone and briefly confused, about where the two of you had gone.

You fall onto the soft, warm sheets of the bed. Sitting up straight, as your back's leaning against the wall. Patting your lap, you tug on Five's sleeve. "Here, lay your head on my lap."

Five does as told, without a reply. Laying his head on your lap, as you pull his sheets over the both of you. Hands going to caresses his hair softly, massaging the scalp lightly with your nails.

The sigh that comes out of Five, tells you that your ministrations feel good. "My mom used to do this to me, whenever I couldn't fall asleep. Always helped after nightmares too."

Five chuckles, "You're really special, you know that?"

Grinning, you respond with a small laugh. "I know."

The conversation dies down to a comfortable silence. One which you fill with the humming of a childhood lullaby. It seemed to work on Five, as his eyes start to flutter shut. His breaths become even and slow.

Before, he's asleep, you catch the mumbling of a few words. "I love you."

You reply without missing a beat. "I love you too."