premier

Your P.O.V.:

I sit in the back of the limousine and stare out of the window. All I can see is flashing lights and people crowding around the red carpet. I gulp at the sight.

I feel Timothée slip his hand into mine and squeeze it reassuringly.

"You're going to be great, baby." He says calmly.

"But what if they don't like me? What if I trip over my dress and fall? What if I say something dumb and it gets out all over the internet?" I question, making myself panic more than I already was. Tonight is the first night Timothée is making an official public appearance with me as his girlfriend, and I can't help but think of all the bad things that could happen.

"Shh, shh, calm down, Y/N. Look at me." Timothée lifts my chin with his finger and turns my head to face him. "I promise you, you're going to kill it out there. You're in your head too much. They're going to love you."

Before I can find another reason to stay in the limo, Timothée kisses me softly on lips and then opens the door. Cameras immediately turn to the car and reporters rush to the beginning of the red carpet, hoping to be the first to get an interview with us.

"Ready?" Timothée asks with a smile.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I mutter.

I watch as Timothée slides out of the limo and waves to the crowd. He turns around and reaches his hand inside for me to take. I hesitate a moment, but I take it anyway. As nervous as I am, I don't want to ruin this night for him.

I step onto the red carpet with my eyes down. When I look up, microphones and cameras are being shoved into my face, nosy reporters asking tons of questions.

I look up at Timothée with fear in my eyes. He leans over to whisper in my ear and I can smell his cinnamon-y cologne. "Deep breaths, Y/N. You can do this."

Following his instructions, I take a few deep breaths to try and calm down.

"You ready?" Timothée asks again. I nod. I know how important tonight is for him, and I don't want to mess it up. He's being so patient with me, I can't hold him up anymore.

My hand in his, I follow Timothée as he walks down the red carpet, taking a few pictures with him every once in a while. For the most part, though, I stand to the side and watch him do his thing. It actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be. No one's asked me any questions so far, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

"Hey, Y/N," Timothée calls from his spot in front of a reporter. "Come here."

Spoke too soon. I hesitantly walk forward and give Timothée a quick peck on the cheek before looking to the reporter.

"Hi, Y/N! My names Katie with E! News. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind?" the reporter said.

Timothée's hand rests on the small of my back and I can feel his thumb rubbing small, soothing circles.

"Uh, sure, I'd love to." I reply nervously.

"Awesome! Now before I start, can I just compliment your dress? You look stunning in it!"

I look down at my formal silver dress and smile, happy that she noticed.

"So my first question is, how has your relationship been with Timothée so far?" Katie asks

After her compliment, a wave of confidence washes over me and I don't feel as nervous to answer questions.

"It's been amazing. He's such a sweet guy and it's obvious he cares a lot. I'm just very lucky to have him." I respond. I look over to Timothée and see him smiling at me.

"And now has it been, you know, dating one of the hottest celebs in Hollywood?"

"It's, uh, it's been a new experience, I'll say. I've definitely never been in a relationship like this before, so I'm figuring things out still. But again, he's amazing and has been so good to me throughout the whole thing, so I can't complain."

"And my final question, how have you been reacting to hate from Timothée's fans?"

I was not expecting that question, and to be honest, it shocked me a little. Before I could answer, Timothée steps in and answers for me.

"She never says anything, but I know it gets to her sometimes. I can tell because she gets a lot quieter. Trust me, when she's comfortable she gets loud, but when she sees hate, Y/N sorta shuts down and gets upset. Which is understandable. There's no reason for the hate. She's such an amazing, smart, talented, beautiful woman. She doesn't deserve hate. And anyone that bashes her isn't a real fan."

I stand there with my mouth gaping at what I just heard. I know Timothée cares about me, but this is the first time I've heard him get so defensive over me. I kinda like it, not gonna lie.

"I don't think anyone could've said it better, Timothée," Katie responds. "Thank you so much for your time."

Timothée and I both nod at Katie and continue through the red carpet. Once we reach the end, I follow the crowd of people into the theater, where Timothée and I find our seats amongst the rest of the cast.

"Psst. Timothée," I whisper to my boyfriend next to me.

"Yeah?" he responds, looking at me with his bright eyes.

"Did you really mean everything you said back there about me?"

"Of course, baby. You are the most amazing person I know, you don't deserve the hate. I love you too much to let a bunch of strangers tear you down."

I stare at Timothée once again with my mouth wide open. He said he loves me. We haven't said that to each other yet. Timothée looks at me confused for a few seconds before realizing what he said.

"Oh shit! Y/N, I'm sorry if that's too early, I just, I mean, it's- it's the truth. I love you." Timothée rambles.

He would have continued had I not shut him up with a deep kiss. Pulling apart, I rest my forehead on his.

"I love you too, Timothée Chalamet. I love you so much."

***

hi everyone!

this is obviously my first timothee imagine, i hope you enjoyed! i personally really like it.

i also take requests! if you have a timothee imagine you really want to see, send me a message and i'll write it for you!

shameless plug here lol:
i have an imagines book for mena massoud which already has a bunch of imagines! if you're interested, check it out. i'm also starting some tom holland imagines and i know u love tom, so check it out once i have stuff up!

anyways, thanks for reading! please follow, like and share for more!

much love, lyra <3