costume party

(Timothée's POV)

"I really don't want to be here," I complain to Armie as we step out of the limo and into the fancy hotel lobby. "This costume is itchy and uncomfortable."

"Well too bad. It's Halloween and you're young, you should go out and have fun. And no one made you wear that costume. You should've gone with something more comfortable, not a whole knight costume."

"Well I thought it looked cool," I defend myself.

"I think you look great," Liz, Armie's wife, says.

"Thank you. At least someone appreciates it," I say while smirking at Armie. He just rolls his eyes and chuckles.

We follow the sound of the music to a room towards the back of the hotel. This is one of the nicest hotels in LA and there are supposed to be tons of celebrities at this party tonight. It's one of the most exclusive events of the evening, and as much as I don't want to be here, I have to admit that it's pretty exciting.

As soon as we push open the doors to the large back room, we are met with warm air that smells like a mixture of sweat and alcohol. The room is packed from corner to corner with celebrities dressed up for the holiday.

I look around in search of someone I know. I still get nervous around other celebrities, so I'd rather stick with people I know.

Despite searching, I can't find anyone else I know. Everyone has elaborate makeup or masks on, so I can't really recognize who's who. Deciding that I'll just stick with Armie and Liz for a little while longer, I turn around and see that they've disappeared. Great. Now I'm at a party that Armie forced me to come to and he just ditched me.

I sigh and push my way through the crowd to the opposite end of the room, where there's a long bar lining the wall. There are tons of people crammed against the bar asking for drinks, but I manage to find a spot in between two random people.

While waiting for the bartender, the girl to my left gasps.

"Oh my God! You're a knight!" She exclaims with a squeal.

I turn my head and see an absolutely stunning girl dressed up in a princess costume. The dress is slightly revealing, but compared to the majority of people here she's pretty well covered up. The pink fabric clings to her skin in all the right places and accentuates her curves. A delicate sparkly crown sits atop her head, and her makeup is light. She doesn't need any makeup, though. She's so beautiful that she could have come without any makeup and I would have thought she was the most gorgeous girl in the entire world.

I can't seem to recognize her. She doesn't look like she's a celebrity, so I'm wondering if someone brought her along.

"Uh, yeah I am," I say.

"Isn't it so great that our costumes match? You're the knight in shining armor and I'm the princess in distress. Oh my god, we should take a picture!" The girl exclaims. She's clearly a little bit tipsy, but no where near drunk.

"Um yeah, sure," I say, smiling nervously. I have no clue who this girl is and I only met her like two minutes ago, but she's already having such an affect on me.

"Okay great! Let me just find my friend, she can take it for us."

The girl turns around and scours the area until her eyes land on her friend. She waves her hands enthusiastically and over walks Zendaya. Wait, she's here with Zendaya?

"Hey Z, come take a picture of me and this cute guy. Our costumes match," the girl says.

"You mean Timothée Chalamet?" Zendaya laughs as she takes the phone from the girls hand and opens the camera.