jealous *request*

thanks to @Paulieeen for requesting! i hope you like it!!!<3

(Timothée's POV)

I get out of the car and start walking towards the entrance to the club, Armie and his wife Liz following close behind me.

"Hey, guess who's gonna be here tonight?" Armie asks me, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Who?" I respond, not all too interested.

"Y/N Y/L/N!" Armie says excitedly.

I stop dead in my tracks. She's going to be here? My heart beats a little faster and I try my best to control the blush rising to my cheeks. Thank God it's dark out, otherwise they'd be able to see.

"I don't care," I lie. I actually do care, a lot.

"Oh come on, Timothée. You know you two are perfect for each other," Liz says.

"Listen, I've told you guys a million times already. I don't have feelings for her. I don't even really like her. She's annoying."

That's a lie. Probably the biggest lie I've ever told, actually. I have uncontrollable feelings for her. I love her. The only annoying thing about Y/N is how perfect she is in every way.

But I don't think I could admit that. Part of me is so afraid that if I tell Y/N how I really feel about her, she won't feel the same and I'll lose her forever. So I put up my walls and pretend I hate her. It's easier that way.

"Timothée, I don't know what Y/N you're talking about, but the one I'm talking about is perfect for you. I don't think I've ever met two humans made for each other more than you two. Besides my beautiful wife Liz and I," Armie says. (a/n i didn't think i had to explain this but armie is still talking abt Y/N here. i just used an expression, it's still the same Y/N don't be sad abt this lol)

"I get it, I get it. You tell me all the time. I'm just not interested okay? Can you drop it?"

Liz and Armie look at me with disappointed expressions, but they don't press on. If they continued to hound me with questions, I don't think I would have been able to keep up my lies for much longer. I'm a pretty good actor, but not good enough to lie about Y/N.

We continue walking towards the club. The bouncer stops us at the door, but I flash my card quickly and he lets us in with a curt nod. Once inside, the smell of alcohol and sweat is overwhelming. Neon lights flash from the ceiling, but the place is still rather dim. A DJ standing up on stage plays music loud enough to shake the walls.

I guide Armie and Liz to a small corner of the club marked exclusively for celebrities. It's one of the perks of the job, I guess, being able to have some space in an otherwise jam packed club.

We sit down and someone immediately brings us a round of shots. I down mine instantly, feeling the burning liquid run down my throat.

I search the busy dance floor, looking for Y/N. Just when I start to think she might not be here after all, there she is.

She has a huge smile on her face, the kind that lights up a room. I can tell she's laughing at something somebody told her. I watch as she takes a shot off of a tray and gulps it down, wincing at the bitter taste.

Y/N turns her head slightly and sees me. When our eyes meet, she stops for a moment, looking at me with an unidentifiable emotion flashing through her eyes. After a moment, her hand lifts up and she begins to wave frantically at me, that gorgeous smile once again overtaking her face.

I give her a small smile back, opting not to wave. It's hard to not run over there and sweep her into my arms, but I have to. I'm too scared of the possible consequences of admitting the truth.