miscarriage

(Your POV)

A terrible pain in my stomach wakes me up from my deep sleep. I grab my abdomen, the pain shooting through every part of my body. After a moment, it subsides. I try to go back to sleep, but am once again interrupted by the pain.

"Fuck," I whisper to myself. What's going on? After a few more minutes of this pain, I quietly roll out of bed and tiptoe to the bathroom, trying not to wake Timothée, who is sound asleep beside me.

When I get to the bathroom and turn on the light, I notice blood staining my pajama pants. I can feel a trail of warm liquid running down my leg.

I quickly strip off my bloodied pants and underwear, tossing them to the corner, before sitting on the toilet. I know immediately what happened.

I just miscarried.

Tears run down my cheeks as I sit on the toilet. My body shakes as I sob, trying my hardest to be quiet. I must not have been quiet enough, however, because Timothée runs into the bathroom with concern etched into every feature.

"Y/N? What happened? Are you okay?" He asks nervously.

I don't say anything. I just look up at him with watery eyes and wait for him to notice.

Timothée looks around and notices the bloody clothes on the floor. Once he does, he immediately kneels down and wraps his arms around me.

As soon as he touches me, a relentless river of tears flows from my eyes. I sob uncontrollably into his shoulder and he cries into mine. For what seems like forever, we embrace each other, mourning the loss of our little baby.

After a while, I seem to be all out of tears. Timothée pulls away and takes my hand in his. When he looks into my eyes, I see that they are just as red and blotchy as mine are.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this," he says in a broken voice.

"Why are you apologizing? I should be the one apologizing, I'm the one who lost our baby. It's all my fault," I say.

Timothée takes my face in his hands. "Don't apologize. It's not your fault. It's not your fault at all. And I don't want you to ever think that. Ever. It's not your fault."

"I know. But I can't help feeling that way."

"I know, and I will do everything I can to make sure you don't feel like that. We'll get through this, together. Okay?"

I nod and hug Timothée again. The pain I feel is immeasurable, but having Timothée in my arms makes the pain a little more bearable.

He's right. We will get through this eventually. Together.

***

greetings! i told you i would post again tonight! i hope you enjoyed this one, it's really sad but i love it. short and sweet.

i have two more imagines going up later tonight, so stay tuned for those at some point!

if you'd like to make a request, please feel free! just pm me!

if you enjoyed, pls like, share, and follow for more! thanks!

much love, lyra <3