going down?

(Your POV)

"Y/N, what's taking you so long?!" my best friend Y/BF/N says through the phone.

"I'm just finishing my makeup, I'm almost done, I swear," I respond.

"Fine. But hurry up! We have so much to see!"

I laugh and hang up the phone, returning my attention to my makeup. My best friend
Y/BF/N and I have been saving for over a year for our trip to South Korea. We've been talking about going for years and we just got in yesterday, so we have tons of exploring to do. Plus, I heard that famous actor Timothée Chalamet is here, too. Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of him...

I put the finishing touches on my mascara, gather my things, and head out of the hotel room and to the elevator. I push the "down" button and wait for the sliding doors to open. As I wait, I get a text from Y/BF/N.

Y/BF/N: you ready yet??

Me: waiting at the elevator now, chill

I hear the elevator doors open and walk in, still looking down at my phone.

"Going down?" a handsome voice asks me.

"Yeah," I respond, still watching my phone screen.

"What floor?"

This time I look up, and my eyes nearly pop out of my head. It's Timothée Chalamet. IT'S TIMOTHÉE FUCKING CHALAMET!! I feel the world disappear around me and all I can see is him. I've been crushing on him ever since I saw Call Me by Your Name, but I never expected to meet him. He's a celebrity, for crying out loud. I'm just me. Average.

"Miss? The floor?" he asks, raising his eyebrows slightly. I feel my cheeks burn bright red and my heart beats out of control.

"Oh, th-the um, the lobby. Lobby, please," I stutter, mentally punching myself for being so awkward.

Timothée presses the button and from the corner of my eye, I can see him watching me with an unusual look in his eyes. Suddenly, the lights flicker a bit and the elevator jolts, causing me to lose my balance. I would've fallen, but Timothée reaches out to catch me just in time.

An electric feeling surges through me at his touch. I only hope he can feel it too.

"Thanks," I mumble, quickly lifting myself out of his arms and brushing invisible dust off my pants.

"No problem."

We sit in silence for a moment before I realize that the elevator isn't moving.

"Wait... are we stuck here?" I ask.

"Looks like it," Timothée says, pointing to a button flashing red.

"Shit. This cannot be happening right now."

"Why, you don't wanna be stuck in an elevator with me?" Timothée asks mockingly, but I sense a little bit of sadness mixed in.

"No, no, it's not that. It's just/ my best friend, Y/BF/N and I have been planning this vacation for so long and she's waiting for me in the lobby. She'll be so upset that we can't go out until I get out of here."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"Not your fault," I snort. "I better text her."

Me: bad news... don't be mad

Y/BF/N: what?? did you accidentally murder someone? are you hurt?

Me: no, none of those.