Chapter 21

AFLAAH's POV

It's been two weeks since Maa got discharged from the hospital and things have been moving smoothly Alhamdulillah except that I've been busy with my project. Alot has happened over this two weeks.

From Farouk wanting to send his guardians to my family to Ya Abdallah finally coming home and the list goes on.

I stared blankly at the other side of the room with many thoughts going through my mind.
I've never had idea the number of tiles on the ceiling of my room but today,I kept staring at them that one could thought that was the only thing I knew how to do.

I'm emotionally drained, I don't know what I want really. It isn't like I don't love Farouk,heck no! I really do. The thing is.. I don't know actually whether I was ready to get married or not,whether I was ready to leave Maa or not.

Ya Allah! I've got too much on my plate,guide me all the way Ya Rabb.

His eyes kept following me with every single move I made. I know he was waiting for me to say something but Allah knows I was so speechless that time,he caught me unawares.

"Aflaah?" It came out more of a question.

I couldn't look up,I kept fidgeting with my fingers. Nervousness is an understatement to what I felt.I finally felt the courage to speak up.

"Naaammm" I said then paused. "B,I really need to think about this okay?" I added calmly them slowly looked up to meet his face laced with so much disappointment.
That's it! He was disappointed and just then a feeling of regret gushed over every single part of my body,I felt very bad.

"Think you said? I thought you really loved me,don't you?" He said his voice almost breaking down.

"Ofcourse I do,I just need to plan things out. I really need to think about it please. Don't get me wrong....."Ya Rabb! I couldn't continue because I can see it all over his face,he is not ready to listen to me.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting to hear that from him. Atleast not at a moment like this.  Being Maa's only girl child,I've gotten so much attached to her that I don't think I can live without her being close to me especially now that she is not herself.

He stood up and left me sitting there looking nothing but happy. I stood up from where I was sitting and went straight to Ma's room.

"Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullah" I said as I made my way into the room.
"Waalaykumussalam Warahmatullah,Aflaah Habibty" Maa answered lovingly while she sat down.

I went over to where she was sitting and laid down on her lap.
"What is it My dear? Where's Farouk? Has he left already?" She inquired with so much concern.
"It's Farouk Maa,he wants us to get married immediately I finish my exams and I told him I need to think"I ended with a pout.
"Oh Allah na! What do you need to think for? You don't love him anymore ne?" She asked clearly suprised.
"No Maa,I just...."I paused trying to find the right words to say.
"I just don't think I'm ready to leave you" And the words came out once.

After that,I had a one hour straight talk on marriage and all. At the end,she asked me to tell him that I was ready.

• • •

FAROUK's POV

I really can't believe that I'm actually going to get married in a month or so. Things are just happening too fast. I have been really busy these days with the wedding preparations and all even though Madam said she prefers a simple wedding and I do too. But my family and hers won't hear a thing of it,they still insisted on a few events. Mom and Ameera took care of the Kayan lefe part.

I stood at the balcony mesmerized by the beauty of nature as various thoughts went through my mind. Allah is really great! And everything is just a sign of His greatness.
Just then HER call came in and I answered on the first ring. We talked for awhile said and she gisted me about her day,she told me how exhausted she was and I asked her to rest and eat.