SIXTEEN

Edwards POVJust like Alice had said the wolves came asking questions and once we explained everything they agreed to help

Edwards POV
Just like Alice had said the wolves came asking questions and once we explained everything they agreed to help. We had a plan seeing as Victoria was able to sense danger we would send the wolves first in hopes it would confuse Victoria long enough to get Cosette. If all went according to the plan Cosette would be in my arms by tonight and I wouldn't make the mistake of letting her go again.

Cosette's POV
I was groggy from the blood loss but I could tell Greenwall and Victoria were arguing, their voices carried. What I could make out was Victoria felt danger and was trying to persuade Greenwall to just leave me. Of course his stupid vendetta wouldn't let him so she stormed out leaving Greenwall and I alone. "They are coming for you Lieutenant." He states sneering my title. "You will die Greenwall but I think you know that already.. so the question is how are you going to go out? Like a man or like the coward we both know you are." I say smirking. His face contorts into rage and he kicks my chair back onto the ground. I wince at the pain in my arms which are still chained behind my back. Greenwall leans over me and grins evilly. "I'll go out with you." He picks my chair up and releases me from my restraints. "Come on Little Lieutenant lets go greet your rescue party." He then takes hold of my arm and drags me along side him. I'm weak so my feet drag on the floor but Greenwall manages to get me outside to where I see large wolves prepared to attack. The wolves freeze upon seeing me and Greenwall grins. "Ahh I thought so. It seems the wolves and the vampires have teamed up to save you my dear." I glare at him hatred pouring out of my my mouth as I shout. "You have what you want Greenwall just get on with it and kill me." He laughs. "Where's the fun in that?" The trees behind the wolves move and I spot Garrett and the Cullens along with another group of vampires. Then I see Edward and relief fills my body. His eyes are sad as he looks at me and I shake my head trying to convey to him not to be upset. "Hand her over Greenwall and we won't attack." Carlisle says trying to reason. "Such a diplomat, but I'm afraid I can't do that. As I'm sure your aware of our history and what she did to me you know how this ends." He tells them angrily squeezing my arm. I lock eyes with Edward. Then Jasper steps forward and with an authoritative voice says. "Major Greenwall! You're a smart man.. you know Cosette wasn't the cause of your downfall. Your traitorous ways were and now your self hatred for what you did has completely twisted you." Something switches in Greenwall I can feel it but just as quick as it came it disappeared. "What a strong speech... one a soldier would give. Tell me what's your rank?" Jasper pauses then answers. "Major." Greenwall chuckles lowly. "Of course.. well Major while your speech was moving it wasn't enough." It happens so fast I didn't have a chance to process. Greenwall takes his knife and swiftly brings it down and into my gut. Edward disappears only to reappear beside Greenwall. He tears him to shreds while I fall to the ground the pain in my stomach finally registering. I clutch the wound as it bleeds profusely. Carlisle is hovering over my face in an instant . I feel the heat in of a fire behind me and then Edwards beside me grabbing my hand. "Cosette! Oh god Cosette, I'm so sorry I should have never left you." He exclaims his voice cracking. I raise my hand shakily and touch his face. "It's okay Edward.. you only wanted to protect me." He shakes his head venom pooling in his eyes. "I should have been there! I should have saved you sooner!" I give him a stern look. "Don't you blame yourself Edward Cullen. The only person to blame is Greenwall.. he did this and nothing you could have done would have changed the outcome." I gasp as more pressure is applied to my wound. "Edward we have to move her now she's losing too much blood!" I hear Carlisle's voice say but it sounds far away. "Cosette stay with me." I can feel myself slipping and before I fall I look to Edward and say. "Even though it was only for a short time I'm glad I found you.." Then I slip into blackness.